LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Geetika (Finance)     19 November 2011

Need advice

I am in need of true advice right now. I recently got married and not even a month me and my husband started having difference in thinking and opinions. My husband is U.S. ciitzen and unfortuantely things are not falling right way for both of us. We didn't even stay together after marriage since marriage was conducted for visa purposes but before that we started having fights therefore i have changed my mind and decided to go for mutual divorce. My parents have hired a lawyer and my lawyer is asking us to file 498 (a), Crpc 125 & DV on my husband and according to him i am entitled for maintenance. Is it considerable to file such cases on a U.S. citizen ? If it is how lengthy is the process ? My husband is not willing to come back even for mutual consent divorce and he wants to end everything from U.S. and he would pass his power of attorney to his uncle if we go for mutual consent divorce. Can anyone tell me if it's possible if Crpc 125 (Maintenace) order is passed in india is executable in united states. I am getting mix opinion from friends and family most of them are advicing me to end everything without claiming any maintenance since the process would be long and never ending and i might not be able to remarry until everythis is over. Also my husband does not have any property or bank accounts.Please advice me what is right and what is not ? My family lawyer is not interested to file divorce case and he is advising us to file maintenance case on my husband but i want to know if it will be fast process or long lengthy process ?


 4 Replies

rahul (director)     19 November 2011

if u really want to save your life and wanted to get remarried asap, take divorce as adviced by ur  husband by the way power of attorny to his uncle.

otherwise you wont be able to get remarry for next 3-5 years.

as i guess, they will return you what u given in marriege,, so it very clear approch by them. and even, he dont give,forget abt it. think about only your future life,

im fighting for 5 year in court, nothing gained only losses.

loss of life, money, mind, everthing. and now talk of settelment going on..since last 1 year, lets see whats happen

i guess u r from delhi.. mee too...

anythng u need more,. plz PM me.



rahul (director)     19 November 2011

lawyers are alwayes looking. how to make money from your trubled life, thats why he suggetsed you to file these cases. after filing these case ,,initially you may feel happy, but after you will be in big problem. never never file any case if you willing to restart you life as soon as is very difficult for girl to get proposal after filing these cases. people dont have good image for girl who file these cases 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 November 2011

moot point is what do you want?


You want to be revengeful or you want to live in peace?



Shonee Kapoor



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query