LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Turkolu (Secretary)     02 March 2010

Need Advice

I bought tickets to a sporting event to go with a friend of mine and I asked him if he was 100% sure that he could go because I did not want to get stuck with 2 tickets. He answered "yes for sure" which I have documented in email. After getting this confirmation, I decided to buy the tickets.The morning of the event 1am he cancelled on me leaving me no time to do anything with the tickets. Can I bring him to small claims court for the value of his tickets?? We are no longer friends, the total of the tickets which belonged to him was 326 Canadian dollars.

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 March 2010

In my opinion you cannot because there is no contract or agreement between you and your frnd., simply he replied you sure -yes.

There is no written document regarding what is the consequence if in case of failure to attend the sports event.

In absence of any agreement or contract no suit lies.

1 Like

mahendrakumar (marketing)     02 March 2010

dear Rajeev,

Unless we know the canadian rules regarding the legal admissibility of email as an evidence,how can we advise him in this regard?

I agree with your answer in the Indian situation.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     02 March 2010

I think the confirmation in mail is an agreement. but Mahendra is right, we need to know abt Law in Canada

dev (Proprietor)     03 March 2010

A US based person, paid his account by credit card,after receiving shipment,he confronted on shipping charges. On our justified answer, I dont know what he did there but my bank account was debited for Rs.70,000/- informing us that goods sent were not what he ordered here. We do have his emails telling us about shipping charges but nothing is mentioned about goods that states the reason for which our account is debited. how to fight it out????

mahendrakumar (marketing)     05 March 2010

was your account credited with rs.70,000.00?

If so,without your consent,how can anybody deduct an amount from your bank a/c?

first of all approach your bank for an explanation for deduction without your consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register