Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vm (NA)     30 July 2014

Need advice

Hi,

I am living with my husband and two kids(6yrs boy and 10month girl). I married him on 2005. He was ex-army and having 17 years of service. The problem here is, he will consume alcohol continuously for four- five days without taking food. I won’t like him during that time and will fight with him to stop drinking. And after 4-5 days he will come back to normal life. If I asked him about this when he was normal. He said that ‘Forget that, I am ok now right, if you ask again about this I will start drink again’ like that he was black mailing me. So I leave this matter as such. Now a days, he is beating me while having alcohol and ask me to leave out of the house without two kids. Because the rental agreement is with his name. I am a working woman. I don’t have financial problem and I took personal loan for his business. Because of him I left my family(still it was an arranged marriage), I can’t have my family support. Yesterday he throw me out and I am staying in hostel now without my kids. Please advise what I need to do for getting my kids back and live in the same home

Thanks

VM

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Dear lady,

As per your statement alleged in your query, its a case of domestic violence by your husband on you.

The main issue will roar once you will file pwdva against your husband and seek RTR and Protdction order. The things which you are seeking will be given to you but it is not taken as granted that your marriage will not hamper after that. Why I am telling this, because it will become a question of order by force which will hurt his fake ego.

My only suggestion to you is first involve your elderly parents and relatives and ask them to sort out this issue gently without any rudeness. Try to talk to him about his helplesness, why he do like this? You will definitely help him to come out from this addiction. Try your fate and love one more chance until you are exhausted to file pwdva and other remedies to get freedom or vengeance which totaly depends on you.

Good luck))

ESIS

KAILASH CHANDRA NAUTIYAL (JE (Civ))     30 July 2014

Hi, Im having one old property near my home town that is old commercial shop given in rent by my grand father before 50 years. Since than we are getting rent based on very old verbal agreement between my grand father and tenant's grand father. Later on since last ten years we are getting rent based on new agreement. But presently my four younger brothers are purely unemployed and we required this shop for self commercial use, but this old tenant refused our request straightly. Now due to  urgently needed employment to my younger's we required this old shop vacate for renovation and self business. Request advise for further course of legal action by us to vacate this shop.    

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     30 July 2014

@vm,

In your query, your craving to have children with you is palpable rather than your longing to have companionship of your quite often drunken husband or his tantrums in his drunken stupor.  Dealing with your husband and his drinking habits and violent behaviour against you during that period require enoromous medical counselling and lengthy psychological treatment coupled with his strong will power to come out of the grip of this vice.  So, I leave it like that and if he likes to go to such treatment you can assist him, otherwise you can do nothing about it.  But your other problems have got legal remedies and those too very simple and also you get quick remedies.

As there is no dearth of finances, you take a small house on rent, nearer to your office or your children's school.  Then, you file a domestic violence case before the Metropolitan Magistrate against your husband seeking only protection orders.  You need not to seek residential rights, as you are now not in the mood to go to the house where he is living now, because during his drunken bouts, he becomes violent harmin you physically.  Once you rent a house on your own name, you can file domestic violence case seeking protection orders.  Now, I address your main problem.  In this very domestic violence petition, you can seek the custody of your children.  The court will grant the same.  Both protection order as well as children custody can be sought as interim relief by moving appropriate interim relief application in main domestic violence case.  In the protection order, you can seek protection of yourself and your children (after giving custody to you) from any interference from your husband.  Once you file domestic violence case, you will get these two reliefs and as you are financially independent, you can proceed so.  Once you file this domestic violence case, at your insistence, the court will mediate between your husband and you to settle the problem amicably.  If he does not show any willingness to mend himself, the case will proceed further and your will get interim relief of protection as well as custody of children.  There is a likelihood that once you file domestic violence case, the relationship between your husband and you may sour further and he may as a retaliation take steps to file divorce suit or severe relationship.  Then, it is upto you to what extent you can go to have the custody of your children and a life free from physical abuses from inebriated husband or to go back to him to live the life which you are living hitherto, but in the company of your children.  The court has got the power to provide any of these two reliefs under domestic violence Act. 

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     30 July 2014

@K. C. Nautiyal,  till the details of the written agreement are known, it is difficult to give legal advice about your capacity to get him vacated.  Rent control Acts are State specific and hence, you engage an advocate of your local area to get clear advice.  But one piece of advice I give you is that as written agreement is in place, the earlier oral agreement does not have any value. 

SRAVANKUMAR (EXECUTIVE)     31 July 2014

Hi sir ,

Greetings..

My father had married my mother after his first wife death earlier he have two sons and and one doughter  all are married except me right now my brothers i.e. first wife sons are decided to separate the property and my father also decided the same how much the property belongs to me sir if we  have 2 houses and 300sf place and 2 acres crops

My brothers are saying that 3parts the property ... we accept that but they are finally decide i have the right for only one house is it possible sir . otherwise my father decision is the final.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register