LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priyadarshee goutam (student)     06 May 2013

Need advicce urgent

this is the story-  my gf was facing problems like domestic violence and forced marriage. then she complaint against her parents in the nearer police station and now she is in a shelter home with protection of police. but her parents are now apoloziging and requesting her that  whatever she wants they will do for her like:

1.they will do her marriage with me after some years after completion of my age

2.they will allow her to study.

3.they will not hurt her in any type of physical or mental pressure.

so now her parents wants her to make an agreement by also writing that if any problem occurs then any legal action will be taken on her parents. so is it correct to do it?

is it safe for both of us?

or they are thinking to rush her?

because i heard that agreements are not valuable........

plz advice me

Learning

2 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     06 May 2013

If your friend is not of marrigible age, they can not perform her marriage under law. Once, she gets 18 years, even otherwise she get right to decide on her marriage. For, this no agreement is required. Although, if your friend wish she can have same. But, the same is not required. 

If her parents forces her again to get married, she can do the same thing again, which she has already done.

Goutam Prasad

Advocate

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

priyadarshee goutam (student)     06 May 2013

girl is of age 20+ and  i m of 20+. we want to marry bt i  am not meeting the required age thats why. the question is that her parents want her to make an agreement with her and want to take her to thier home.but i think that they want to do anything diffrent. i dont think this will be a proper idea . everyone is sugesting that ahe should be kept in the shetler home till i get 21+ and after marriage she should be sent to her family or any where else but before that i dnt think its a good idea because someone told me that agreemant doesnot works....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register