LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saurabh sarda (partner)     18 May 2015

need a lawyer in Rajhasthan (Alwar) for case against dowry ,

hello, in my family we are two brothers and a mother and we live in maharashtra state.in year 2012 my brother ages 31 got married to a girl whom she approached through a matrimonial website ,we belong to a maheshwari caste and the girl is from sonar caste. however my mother was against the marraige,so she asked my brother if he wants to marry the same girl,he will have to stay away from our home. my brother got married to the same girl in kolkata where my tauji and family stays with presence of girls family and my tauji's family ,me and my mother did attend the marraige.that was in april 2012 after marraige started living seperately in the same city in maharashtra along with his wife, we were not concerned with their home or day to day life. my brother used to come home to meet my mother every other day or so,also he was doing a construction business for which my mother used to give him financial help,however my mothere didnt kept any property on my brother's name. after 6-8 months of marraige, my brother's wife started troubling him, asked him to take property from mother,to legaly give property in her name,to get seperate share in property as well jewellery which belonged to my mother. she also said to my brother if he wants to have children then she wont allow him untill he gives property on her name.my brother didnt mentioned anything to me or to my mother, he was managing his wife and was trying to keep her happy as he could . how ever in the month of july2013 girl invited her mother,2 sisters and brother to her home in akola and all of them stayed at my brother's home for a month against the wishes of my brother. they all tried to harrase my brother by blackmailing him him,that if he want take property in his name,then they will take his wife away and will file for divorce and all emotional blackmailing. however when my brother didnt reacted to there blackmailing, his wife called up on my mother's phone and started abusing her. thinking something is wrong, we called up police and along with them we went to my brother's home,where we found all of relatives in the house and not allowing my brother to go out and talk to anyone. police took all of them to police station and after counseling them asked my brother to go to mother's home as per his wish and asked his wife to go home. his wife was at flat, from where she and his family gathered all the belongings,valuables and even clothes of my brother and ran away at the same night to her home town in rajhasthan by a taxi. now after a month she is sending a police complaint mentioning all false that all these years she was staying with our family, we used to beat her,torture her and harras her for dowry. we didnt allow her to talk or meet her family in all these 1 & half year. as she has registered under sec 498 which is unbailable offence in rajhasthan, we have applied for bail. can you please advice, how to move ahead in the case, my brother wants divorce from the girl and want to prove her wrong. Now the girl has filed a fresh case of domestic violence against husband, mother in law, brother in law, other family members in Kolkata.local court at Khairthal has issued a bailable warrant against mother and brother in law. Can I get some lawyer or advocate from Rajhasthan to handle the case and secure us bail and to fight the case and take it to justice.


 4 Replies

bsrao   19 May 2015

Please do not post here when you need a local lawyer.

saurabh sarda (partner)     19 May 2015

Hello, I am not from Rajhasthan, so I need help frm there, that's why I posted it.also any quidence or help will be appreciated.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 May 2017

search data base of mmbers of this forum

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 May 2017

You go to Rajasthan to the jurisdictional area of the court and look for a lawyer. Someone in the court will help you. Your visit to Rajasthan is unavoidable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register