LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ghanshyam (CA)     01 August 2014

Need a good lawyer

I am a 28 year old male currently residing in patna. Our marriage recently has hit the rocks and we have amicably decided to go for an MCD. The marriage registration was done in mumbai so do I need to file for MCD there ?

Please can any good soul  let me know if I can do the entire process on my own without getting a lawyer. Wifey and me have agreed on the terms and conditions so a  petition type draft is already there  .. If its absolutely not possible to be able to  file for mcd on my own, then  can anyone advise a good lawyer in mumbai who is easy on the pocket 

thanks 

ghanshyam

Learning

5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     01 August 2014

search through google, this forum 

Divya (nil)     01 August 2014

Sir,

is ur wife currently in patna too.....u can file mutual consent anywhere provided its wid urs & hers consent..no compulsion of mumbai....Take a local lawyer's help,not all r costly...however even if u want to file the case as in-person, courts normally respect a lawyer's presentation.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 August 2014

for a good lawyer search through this forum and also you can go oarty in person but before submitting the copy first show to any lawyer

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     01 August 2014

It is like becoming a doctor by knowing certain medicines on cold and cough. 

ghanshyam (CA)     01 August 2014

thanks a lot all .

@SandeepNaik  - I did speak to a few local lawyers here in the area  and a few were of the opinion that self representation is an option ( better or not,  you tell me but not by way of derision ) .. you seem to be an old hand and your advise is well received. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register