LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

payal chanchlani (student)     07 March 2014

Nedd help its urgent

we are living in a home from last 16years. its my uncle(mama) home. we do not pay any rent. my brother and my uncle was together in business. as they sold it off my uncle gave us dt house in which v are living as my bro"s part. evrything was on the bases of trust so we dint do any paper work. now he is asking us to vacate the house as the property is on his name legally. while is business too my bro was wid him but there too v dint have any papers. 

is there any legal way to get our house bk?? we have not vacated the house stil. we are living there frm last 16 years so dt house cant b ours legally??

pls reply promeplty.

thx in adv

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 March 2014

You do not have any claim of ownership in house and business.

This time if you succeed to resolve the matter amicably then obtain ownership on papers.

You may consult a local lawyer in person before proceeding further.

Gurmukh Singh (Manager)     09 March 2014

We have given our 3rd on rent to a tenant on 11 months regd. agreement. Now he is not paying rent fro the last 2 months. We have given him a notice to evict the property on 28th Feb 2014.

But now he has locked the premises and absconding. What we can do in this situation.

Pls. advice. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 March 2014

@Payal chachlani:  If amicable talks are not yielding any fruitful solution, you may issue a lawyer's notice stating that you are all residing there in that place for the past 16 years on the basis of oral agreement for the purpose of doing the business jointly and that since there arose misunderstanding in business he is unnecessarily disturbing you and to  wreak vengeance he his trying to evict you by force,hence he should not resort to such illegal acts other than by due process of law.

@Gurmukh Singh:  You may file an eviction suit by pleading the facts and may ask for break open the lock through the court by filing an interlocutory application.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register