New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NCW blames lawyers and police for misuse of IPC

Page no : 2

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     08 December 2009

You are just filing the case based on their statements. Like taking dowry is offence, giving is also an offence. If they say that they have given the dowry, then they should be tied first and then you should be tied. You can also say that they have mentioned to have given the dowry when you have not asked the same.

This will just be useful as they will face the jail of 7 years if they prove that they have given dowry. Just file the case, wait and watch.

pankaj (Engineer)     18 December 2009

NCW Supremo says that misuse of section 498A is because of the lack of awareness of citizens. Im surprised that she failed to understand that every citizen cannot be supposed to know each and every section of IPC and CrPC. But the police and judiciary must be aware of laws and procedures for investigation and trial.

In 95% cases, a women files a complaint u/s 498A and claims that she has been harassed at a different city. In such a scenario, the concerned police officer is supposed to forward the FIR to the concerned police station have the jurisdiction to investigate the complaint. Instead the police people move into action and go to other city to make an arrest. (Wow I wish every police officer shows the same level of sincerity to investigate each and every crime, rather than just 498A cases.)

Well everyone of us know that such police officers show such sincerity only to make fast money (blackmoney!).

Why these police officers (and sometimes magistrates) are not brought under scanner for mishandling the law. Only when such corrupt police people and magistrates stop using wrong procedures to investigate and try the criminal cases, misuse of IPC, CrPC can be stopped.

Everytime a women files an FIR in other city/state, petitions are filed to change the jurisdiction of the cases. Our Judiciary is already over burdened, and it is important that the concerned police officer/Magistrate themselves transfer the case to correct jurisdiction without waiting for HC to intervene.

I dont know when our law enforcement agencies will become wise enough to adopt proper procedures!

Manav Sony   15 May 2020

Very nice forum. thanks a lot experts for showcasing your ideas!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register