LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohd Nishat   25 March 2024

Ncr related query

Ncr file hone k bad court m chargesheet kb jati h?


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2024

It's just a non cognizance report,  

No charge will be filed on the basis of NCR

Mohd Nishat   26 March 2024

Ncr krne k bad  ncr court m apne ap hi chli jati h ya hme le jana pdta h aur kya summon bhi ata h ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2024

NCR can be converted into FIR upon order of the magistrate. NCR refers to Non Cognizable Register - impying crimes / offences which the local police cannot take cognizance of. So a magistrate is required to take cognizance, then an active FIR can be registered.

Adv.Shukla (advocate )     27 March 2024

Police have no power to investigate NCR. First approach (in written) CO, dySp or SP or higher rank officers  other than SHO to add additional cognizable sections in your report for investigation ,if possible or you can file an application under section 155(2) Crpc  to magistrate for directing police to investigate the case . consult a local lawyer for it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register