LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

salila (student)     19 May 2016



    is there any simple format appeal in ncdrc .can it be given in HINDI. THE NATIONAL CONSUMER commission site asks only in ENGLISH.whether appeal would hindi be dismissed ?

what is book binding ?

has to pay rs 100 as stamp fees ?

pl let me know ,thanks



 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2016


Such informatins can be checked by anyone on the website of NCDRC, or one can call the phone numbers provided on website. 

Note :

1.  The documents shall be filed in English language only or translated copy of any other language, duly typed in double      space on one side of the paper.


salila (student)     21 May 2016

thanks. i approached an advocate for fees rs 5000, he denied .

strange ncdrc site has not sample papers to show and follow but has warning of dismissal case, if deficiency exists.

the cheaper lawyer  do not work hard and costly lawyer is beyond of approach .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2016

The whole process can also be seen at:

and one can appear in person.

There are many NGO's like Grahak Sewa, Awaaz etc that take up consumer matters.

A seasoned consumer awarness group of person well versed with consumer matters can also represent.

The Ministry of consumer affairs is again deciding to awaken Consumer Protection Councils. 


Choose the most suitable option.



salila (student)     22 May 2016

Thanks kumar ji

     in ncrdc,can a lady represent her husband as representative [he is not registered at bar, but posseses law degree] ? the reply is not on website, so caused to you. in index,there is column --list with dates --does it dates of lower court decision dates ?


Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2016

You can file and fight your own case in a consumer court without a lawyer.

The Consumer Protection Act says that a complainant can either personally appear or be represented by an authorized agent or an advocate, by giving such a person the necessary authority on a Rs 100 stamp paper.

Find  consumer organizations  at your location.

salila (student)     22 May 2016


    the lady seeks to present her husband in appeal admission at NCDRC,delhi. would it sufficient to carry authorisation on simple paper attached with rs 100 stamp paper .



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query