LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAVEEN KUMAR   04 January 2022

Nativity certificate

Respected Sir(s).

  •   I'm NAVEEN KUMAR, aged 36 years, I have an issue regarding the nativity certificate.
  • My father was deceased on 22nd July 2020 due to covid-19 while he was in service. He worked in the police department of the state government in Andhra Pradesh. Now I have applied for a job under compassionate appointment in the month of July 2021. For that, I have submitted all the required certificates for further process. In this process, a query has been forwarded to me from authorities that i have to submit the nativity certificate. And, here the issue is,
  • My father was a native of RAJAHMUNDRY which is in Andhra Pradesh. He was appointed in the police department in the year 1984 in VISAKHAPATNAM district in Andhra Pradesh and he got married in 1985 to my mother (SHE IS NATIVE OF VISAKHAPATNAM). After marriage, he was transferred to NIZAMABAD ( NOW BELONGS TO TELANGANA STATE) in the year 1985 and he worked in NIZAMABAD for almost 17 years. In the above scenario, AP & TELANGANA were not bifurcated and considered as ANDHRA PRADESH STATE. After AP and TELANGANA state bifurcation, my father was transferred to his native state (ANDHRA PRADESH). As my father's workplace was in TELANGANA state before bifurcation, my total studies were held in TELANGANA itself. Now I have applied for a nativity certificate in the revenue department in AP state, but the authorities are saying that they can not issue the nativity certificate as I belong to Telangana state considering my study certificates.
  • I was residing in AP from 2008, my ahdaar, voter id, and ration card are with AP address.
  • My birth place is also in AP, I have a birth certificate as proof.
  • Please suggest to me how can I avail nativity certificate from MRO.


 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 January 2022

Now you are residing in AP since the year 2008, you can obtain a residence certificate from the Tahsildar concerned.  For nativity, you studied now in Telangana and previously AP combined.  Hence the study certificate shows the place as AP at that time. It is sufficient in my view.  Hence, appraise the situation to the District Collector concerned.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 January 2022

Residence Certificate/Nativity certificate is an essential legal document that certifies a person’s residential status in a particular state. This Certificate is also known as Domicile certificate. Residence certificate is used to prove that the person who holds this Certificate is a resident of the district or state which issues the Certificate.

To obtain an Andhra Pradesh residence or domicile certificate, the applicant needs to submit the following documents:

  • Application form in the prescribed format
  • Address proof – Passport, voter card, ration card, electricity bill, water bill or telephone bill
  • House tax receipt
  • School Certificate – Mark sheet or Transfer Certificate
  • Identity Proof – Aadhaar Card
  • The applicant has to produce property details if any property owned by the parents or guardian
  • Proof of ownership of land or property in Andhra Pradesh (if required)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register