The Conference, aims to FOCUS on the challenges encountered by our Local Self-Government (LSG) Institutions as Panchayats, Notified Area Committees, municipalities and Municipal Corporations; and the measures, innovations and experiences that can make these bodies an effective instrument of delivery in a self-sustaining manner. The ultimate objective is towards improving the quality of life of the citizenry through digital democracy and e-governance. The interactions should promote good urban management and governance, planning and institutional improvements needed to help these LSG organs to serve as engines of growth. The Conference is designed for municipal leaders and senior staff managing the resources of any LSG institution to exchange notes with the providers of leading-edge innovations regarding the day-to-day challenges faced by our cities and towns. We expect a number of thoughtleaders from the Govt. as well as the Industry to conduct a number of informative and thought-provoking technical sessions. A copy of the attached e-flyer gives some details. The is aims to promote good urban management and governance, planning and institutional improvements needed to help Municipality, Corporations, Panchayats and other wings of Urban/Rural local self government to serve as engines of growth and innovation
• Safer Cities
• Role of IT in Local-self Governance
• Slum Improvement and Upgradation
• Urban planning including town planning
• E-Governance for effective results
• Fire Service / Disaster Management
• Provision of Urban Amenities and Facilities such as Parks, Gardens, Playgrounds
• Local Governance - Grassroots Planning & Development Dynamics
• Public Issues: Management of Property Tax, Sanitation, Electricity & Water etc.
• Participation of local resident's associations in electronic governance
• Sharing of Best IT Practices in Local-self Governance
• Open house: Question-Answer session on all issues
EMINENT SPEAKERS (INVITED)
• Hon'ble Smt. Sheila Dixit, Chief Minister, Delhi
• Dr. Sudhir Krishna, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development
• Padma Shri Mr. D. R. Kaarthikeyan, I.P.S. (Retd.), Former Director, CBI, Director General & Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council on Installation, Premises and Personnel Security
• Dr. Ajai Kumar Garg, Additional Director, Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications & IT, Govt. of India
• Mr. Vijay Dev, IAS, Pr. Secretary(Revenue)/Divisional Commissioner, DDMA
• Mr. Sajjan Singh Yadav, IAS, Commissioner, East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC)
• Mr. Kuldeep Singh Gangar, IAS, Special Secretary(Revenue), Disaster Management Authority (DDMA)
• Mr. A. K. Sharma, Director-Delhi Fire Services, Delhi
• Dr. S. P. Bansal, Commissioner (Planning)-II, Delhi Development Authority
• Mr. Vikas Sharma, Whole Time Director, Supreme Infrastructure India Ltd.
• Mr. Navin M Raheja, CMD, Raheja Developers Ltd.
• Mr. Tabrez Ahmad, Director, IP Policy, Legal & Corporate Affairs, Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd.
• Mr. Krishnan Chatterjee, Vice President and Head, Strategic Marketing at HCL Technologies
• Mr. Pradeep Nair, Director, Software Group, IBM India/ South Asia
• Dr. Venkatesh Choppella, Associate Professor, International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad
Registration Fees: ` 2,000/ - per delegate (10 % special discount for LAWyersclubindia.com members)
Date: (Friday), 05 October, 2012
Venue: ASSOCHAM House, New Delhi
E mail ID - abhishek.saxena @ assocham.com