LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratipa murali   06 May 2021

National commission of women reg,

My husband gave me divorce notice during my maternity leave when I came to my parents house for delivery under "Mental cruelty".when enquired my FIL has a practice of sending notice to my relatives. the girls family would scare and beg him to take their girl and her newborn.our marriage is an arranged marriage. my FIL has accepted all conditions through whatsApp before marriage. now he and my husband had blocked our number deleted all text messages and my husband had repeated the same pattern as one of his relative did before. My FIL is using legal system as emotional abuse especially after the girl give birth to her child. this not only affects the feeding pattern of the child but heavily shocks the parents of the girl who has just been out of delivery. my divorce case is in the court and I have not attended the court due to corona. I am a working women and my son is just 7months old. I do not want to give divorce. please help me.I want national women commission to review the case.please let me know about the procedures and actions required and happenings after registering my case to women's commission.

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 May 2021

The NCW cells have state offices roughly in each state.  So you can complain online and you need not go to the office.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 May 2021

NCW shall be of little (rather no) help in a subjudiced case, if your husband has already instituted the suit for divorce..

Facts posted by you are slightly vague and confusing.

It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     07 May 2021

Absolutely agreed the point stated by Dr Vashista through his answer . State the facts clearly. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 May 2021

There are many local voluntary womens' organizations and District Legal Services Authority that may help you in providing guidance and free legal aid if necessary.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     07 May 2021

National Commission of Women do not get into matters which are subjudice. And whereas if you are not likely to give divorce to your husband, better to contest it or settle the matter amicably!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2021

If your husband has filed the divorce case against you  and you have been duly served with the notice to appear before court, you may either appear before court as a party in person or through an advocate  and record your objections  as well file your statement denying the allegations made by him.

The national commission for women may not come to your rescue for this.

You may have to deal with this case on your own 

Since you do not want to give divorce, you can challenge his case properly and also file a case for restitution of conjugal rights which will come to your aid to prove the court that you are not willing to give him divorce and you always wanted to live with him in the married life. 

You can discuss with your advocate and proceed as suggested. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register