LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aashi (PM)     22 May 2010

Name in the marriage registrstion certificate not changed


I got my marriage registered yesterday ,I have submitted the name change affidavit at the Dy commisioner office but due to reckless attitude of the clerks they printed my certificate with my old name,Now the banks and other institutions are not accepting this certificate as my name change and they say that copy of the affidavit is also in invalid.How do i get my surname changed please help its urgent
Can i get this marriege registered from some other place may be my native place.The clerks at delhi goverment office are not ready to change the certificate now


 2 Replies

Naresh Chandra Goyal (Chairman)     22 May 2010

hello aashi

you pls directly contact the deputy commissioner rather than contacting the clerical staff and make submission in writing. Even if the work is not done you may file writ petition in the high court.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     23 May 2010

before going to the high court as suggested above, try with an rti application to them later asking for the progress of your application.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register