LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Masood   14 June 2017

Name in certificates

Dear sir , my name in ssc certificate is ' BELLARY MASOOD VALI '. but in all other certificates it is MASOOD VALI B . Here B is the initial which stands for BELLARY. Does this kind of using surname is possible according to law. As I am an aspirant of govt job , I request clarification from you

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     15 June 2017

It doesn't make much of a difference . Proceed  with whatever you  want to do with this name/s.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     15 June 2017

With the change of times, insignificant mistakes in names like letter, first name and last name, after marriage name change, aadhar card, Pan card etc,it has become a difficult process to change names. Better correct it now for your future convenience. Procedure for change of names varies from state to state, but in your case it is in SSC, and though it may take time, it is better to start now.

1st Step. Make an  Affidavit before Noatry, stating the reasons for your desire to correct your ssc certificate

2nd Step.Make two three photo copies of all your vital douments and keep it in a safe folder.

3rd step.File an application address to the Head of  of your ssc Board.

4th step.Obtain a forwarding letter from your present Head of Instituion.

5th step.Submit it to your ssc Board enclosing all your photo copies documents/certificates/

6th step.Submit your parents address proof etc.

This is usually the procedure in our State, and almost majority of States in India do the same, in case of ssc certificates etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register