Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalpsrocks (Manager )     22 April 2011

name difference

Dear all,

I need your help. My brother passed his tenth standard last year- March 2010. Soon when we got his marksheet, we realised that the father's name is wrongly mentioned as Keshavlal instead of Kesumal.

On approaching the school authorities, we were informed that the birth certificate submitted during his admission in the school had Keshavlal mentioned. Thus the same got flasshed on SSC marksheet, leaving certificate and now in his XIth std as well. Actually Keshavlal is his nick name and we do not have any documents for that. All the documents are on the name of Kesumal, his official name.

To reconcile everything, we got the new birth certificate with correct fathers name (i.e; Kesumal) from the municipality office. We also got the affidavit done. We also got the gazette done stating XXXX kesumal YYYYYY.

To update further; neither the school is ready to correct nor the college is ready to correct the name in the educational records. According to school, he is no longer a student and thus they cant help. According to college, there is no provision to rectify fathers name.

Can someone help me with the same. I am worried because i need to apply for his passport, pancard and other documents with the correct name. Also, going forward, I want to correct his educational records as well. I am afraid will he face any problem in applying for Visa or so.

Or do i continue with the old name itself for all his records...pls advise

Regards

Kalpana

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register