LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandra (Engg.)     23 February 2011

Name Correction in SSC

Hi Experts,

I would like to correct my father name and my name in all the educational documents starting from SSC. I have complteted my SSC in 1995.

If I post the name change in leading news paper, I think from then I can use the new name legally, But I want to be in certificates and corresponding coudments like address, Driving license and Passport.

Please advice, what is the procedure to get this correction.

Your response will be highly appreciated.



 2 Replies

anil kumar (service)     23 February 2011

Dear Chandra,

The procedure for change of name by a major is as per the Government guidelines of the resident State to which you belong. You can change your own name but not of ur father as father has to do it by self. The name change would be effective only from the date of itspublication in the Govt. Gazette. A copy each of the Gazette notification when published on compliance of due procedure can be used for the purpose of change in educational certificate, driving license, electoral card, place of employment and all other govt. deptts. I am attaching a sample procedure as applicable in Delhi which could be a guiding factor to know futher details as appplicable in your State. Hope this would answer some of ur doubts.

Attached File : 45 45 forms 10 .pdf downloaded: 208 times

Chandra (Engg.)     24 February 2011

Hi Anil,

First I would like to thank you for your detailed explanation.

I forgot to mention, I belongs to Andhra Pradesh State. Can you please send me the procedural document for state specific if any. Will it be possible for you to have a telephonic talk, If yes let me know contact details and available time for call.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query