name correction in my certificates..

Dear Sir,

This is Santosh from vizag.
I need to correct my sur name in all my certificates.basically my full name is PEDAPUDI SANTOSH KUMAR but my name is wrongly printed in my SSC certificate as PEDDAPUDY SANTOSH KUMAR.

it is contineud in all my certificates SSC,INTER,DIPLOMA&B-TECH.

is there any chances to correct my name in all certificates.

i need to apply passport..plz help us..



Through offline there are 2 ways 1) Affidavit 2) Newspaper publication

Through online, you can apply through meeseva

How to Change the name in Birth certificate through Affidavit

Go to a municipal office nearer to you. Take the application form regarding the name change.

Go to a local notary and make an affidavit. Specify the strong reason for a change of name. This affidavit is used for changing the first or last name or complete name. After the affidavit is prepared, submit it at municipal Office along with the old birth certificate, Address proof, remaining proofs as well. Within 15 to 20 days, you will get your new birth certificate

How to Change the name in Birth certificate through Newspaper publication

Sri……………………..(Old name) have changed my name from ……………(Old name) to ……………. (new name) by an affidavit sworn before the Notary Public, …………(place) on …………..(date). Henceforth, I shall be known as ………….(new name) for all purposes………….(Name) and ………………….(complete postal address).

Full Signature

This is the proforma of newspaper application. Candidate should fill in all details properly and publish in the local newspaper. It is applicable for all ages of people, especially for majors. preserve the scanned and hard copies well for future verification (if in case)

How to Change the name in Birth certificate through online

  • Go to the nearest meeseva center
  • Download the application from official website http://tg.meeseva.gov.in/DeptPor...
  • Click on the tab “meeseva services forms”, which is left side of the official page

Once the birth certificate has been changed/corrected, you can have the other certificates hanged too. Get the main docs changed from the concerned authorities - License, AAdhar and Pan.

Good Luck!




The difference of one alphabet may be acceptable by affidavit..

You could have been vigilant and objected to the error in school itself.

You can also visit O/o Principle in school and relate with forms submitted to school and apply for correction.. as per prevailing rules


And then to college/univ as per prevailing rules


Sir thanks for your reply but my request is want to change my original name in all my certificates 10th,inter,diploma,b-tech...



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x