Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajit Chand (Consultant)     02 February 2012

Name correction

Hi,

My wife name has been spelt wrongly in the educational certificates. Her actual name is Arunsudha. In Xth class during 92-93 under CBSE board, they misspelt it as ARUN SUDHA. Her name was changed in Intermediate(12th Class in AP) as ARUNA SUDHA and it got continued.

In my passport her name is given as ARUN SUDHA and in her PAN Card it is given as ARUNSUDHA based on the bank records.

Now I would like to have a single name for her. What should be done? Can I go for name change legally? If i go through the legal procedure and get it changed, do i need to get the name corrected in all her cerrtificates?I have to apply for passport for her and my daughter since I have plans to move abroad and I am worried this name issue will cause a problem for her visa.

I am from AP and currently working in Chennai, TN.

Please advise what would be the best thing to do to avoid issues in future.

Thanks and Regards,

Ajit

Learning

2 Replies

Gvinayprakash (advocate)     03 February 2012

you may first decide on he exact name and get it changed through offical gazette publication and then go ahed with passport application. Vinay from chennai

(Guest)

You shall rectify this name by publishing in the official gazette and thereafter make an affidavit to that effect to submit to the passport authority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register