Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Name clarification required in passport

Dear sir/Madam,

I’m applying for fresh Passport through online.. I have recently changed my name before a notary in local court and I have Affidavit with me.. My question is 1) Can I apply for passport using my New / changed name and 2) Now while submitting documental evidence for proof of Date of birth for Ex: SSLC marks card which is having old name, whether I need to submit photo copy of affidavit also for proof of name change? Pl clarify my doubt.

Vijay deshpande



General Manager

1. If you had given a Notice in Newspaper for Name change than please enclose the copy of advertisement .

2. Yes you can apply for passport with New Name after fulfilling requirement of above point.

3. You need to verify yourself by two character certificate through two different gazzated officer who ensure that your name changed & they know you.

4. Yes, you may need to submit the notarised copy of affidavit at the time of submitting necessary documents.

5. You need to fill your formal name in the form if given, likewise in PAN card Application they have a coloumn that whether you have been known by any other name or not.

If you are not satisfied, Ask again.......... ?


HR assistant

Mr. Ashish Pareek has advised very nicely. Thanks Ashish.

Total likes : 1 times


Dear Mr Ashish, Thank you very much for your reply..I'm satisfied fully..but where to get character certificate for verifying myself through Gazetted officer..
General Manager

You will take Character certificate form from any Book Store & fill it up & than meet will any Govt Principal / Parshad / Govt. Doctor / any Govt Authority who is known to you will make it Attest

Total likes : 1 times


Sir i am Parthasarathy from ramanathapuram district, applied for Fresh Passport , 10 months before at Madurai Passport Regional office. I submitted all my original documents and waiting for the police verification.. But before previous month a letter from Passport office as "We have been informed by the Police authorities that you are not available in the address."  They also informed me to submit the attested copies of my originals . i kindly asking you sir that the attested copies are enough or not sir?????




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x