LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shobana ramesh   24 March 2022

Name changeing in my daughter

My husband name and my name intial in my daughter name intial is RS R is my husband name S is my name how to change only my husband name is it's possible

Learning

10 Replies

Shashi Dhara   24 March 2022

Yes ,you can if she is below tenth STD it is easy , contact advocate.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 March 2022

Exactly what amendment do you intend to make in her name, if not satisfied with "RS" ?

Shobana ramesh   25 March 2022

How to remove s in my daughter intial its possible 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 March 2022

Generally before the tenth standard examination the school authorities regularise the names of children. At that time you can contact the school and change the name the way you want.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 March 2022

Any suggestion depends upon the age as well the status of your daughter.

Shobana ramesh   25 March 2022

My daughter age is 1 year 3months

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 March 2022

No need to make any amendment in the name of the child, it is no where recorded till date, you may adopt any name of your choice.

Shobana ramesh   26 March 2022

Im already registered in birth certificate my daughters name  Rs. Lethanya how to remove S in daughters intial 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 March 2022

Once the name of the child is entered in the birth register, it is difficult to change the entry in the register. Parents of the child can change it up to a certain period of time on payment of a penalty. As your daughter is only one year and three months old, you can try at the office of the registrar of births and deaths where her birth was first registered.. If that is not possible you can try at the time of admission of the girl to school. The school authorities may or may not agree. If that is not possible you will have to wait till she becomes 18 years of age and a major. After she becomes a major she can change her name to whatever she wants following the procedure for change of name.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 March 2022

Rule 11 of the Andhra Pradesh Registration of Births and Deaths Rules, 1999 provides the procedure for such corrections -

"11. Correction or cancellation of entry in the register of births and deaths:- (1) If it is reported to the Registrar that a clerical or formal error has been made in the register or if such error is otherwise noticed by him and if the register is in his possession, the Registrar shall enquire into the matter and if he is satisfied that any such error has been made, he shall correct the error by correcting or cancelling the entry as provided in Section 15 and shall send an extract of the entry showing the error and how it has been corrected to the Chief Registrar.

(2) In the case referred to in sub-rule (1) if the register is not in his possession, the Registrar in rural areas shall make a report to the M.R.O. and call for the relevant register and after enquiring into the matter, if he is satisfied that any such error has been made, make the necessary correction and shall send an extract of the entry showing the error and how it has been corrected to the Chief Registrar through the concerned M.R.O.

(3) Any such correction as mentioned in sub-rule (2) shall be countersigned by M.R.O. in the rural areas when the register is received from the V.A.O. and by the concerned Registrar in other areas.

(4) If any person asserts that any entry in the register of births and deaths is erroneous in substance, the Registrar may correct the entry in the manner prescribed under Section 15 upon production by that person a declaration setting forth the nature of the error and true facts of the case made by two credible persons having knowledge of the facts of the case."

(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1) and sub-rule (4) the Registrar shall make report of any correction of the kind referred to therein giving necessary details to the Chief Registrar.

(6) If it is proved to the satisfaction of the Registrar that any entry in the register of births and deaths has been fraudulently or improperly made, he shall make a report giving necessary details to the officer authorised by the Chief Registrar by general or special order in this behalf under Section 25 and on hearing from him take necessary action in the matter.

(7) In every case in which an entry is corrected or cancelled under this rule, intimation thereof should be sent to the permanent address of the person who has given information under Section 8 or Section 9."

You may contact the VAO/MRO concerned.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register