Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Name change - ssc, hsc, graduation.

Hi,

This is Benny. I have applied for a passport and  already feel that my application will be rejected.

The name mentioned on the (SSC, HSC, Graduation) certificates, Leaving certificate, VoterID is JOSHUA BENNY STEPHAN.

The name mentioned on the Pancard and Aadhar card is BENNY STEPHAN.

The name on my Birth certificate is also incorrect and is mentioned as BENNY STEEPHAN. My last name is spelled incorrectly. I have found that the Birth certificates belongs to ward A of Brihanmumbai Mahanagarpalika, so I am planning to visit their office to correct the name on the Birth certificate.

My correct name is BENNY STEPHAN. Is there a way to remove JOSHUA from (SSC, HSC, Graduation) certificates, Leaving certificate and VoterID. JOSHUA is not my Surname, its just my Grandfather's name.

I have alredy created an Affidavit which states that my correct name is BENNY STEPHAN and I will no longer be using my former name JOSHUA BENNY STEPHAN.

I know it may take sometime but I want the correct name listed everywhere.

Please Advise.

Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

The name mentioned on the Pancard and Aadhar card is BENNY STEPHAN. --- This name is correct

The name mentioned on the (SSC, HSC, Graduation) certificates, Leaving certificate, VoterID is JOSHUA BENNY STEPHAN. --- JOSHUA is wrong name you want to remove it

Birth certificate is also incorrect and is mentioned as BENNY STEEPHAN.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think Municipal corporation will do rectification now of the name after so many decades

Legal Solution will be ---

1) Forget Birth certificate (Supreme court held SSC certificate details will be taken for job etc like Date of birth etc)

2) Click on this link 

https://dgps.maharashtra.gov.in/

It is link of Govt priniting press charni road. Here you have to give gazette notification of change /correction of name . Now you don't need to visit press , all have to be done online only . Even if you go there , they will tell you do online only. Once gazette notification done your named is changed .

3) This gazette notification you should take to concern authorities from ssc hsc , university or that gazette notification is enough 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register