name change procedure

My son's name is Tamil Selvan. We are native of Tamilnadu. He was borin in Madurai. Now he is 37 years old. He studied and graduated in Tamilnadu.After graduation he was working in a MNC company in Bangalore and residing there. He has got his Bangalore residential address in Passport, Ration Card, Driving Licence and Aadhar Card. In all his school TC, Graduation Certificate, Passport, Ration Card, Driving Licence and Aadhar Card his name is correctly shown as Tamilselvan. Recently he was sent abroad on assinment by the company. Now he need his Birth Certificate. The Birth Certificate issued by Madurai Corporation shows his name as" Selvan" only. The authorities advice to change the name in the Cazette so that the name in Birth Certificate can be corrected. For the Gazette notofocation to be done in Tamilnadu, native proof in the form of Ration Card or Passport or Voter ID is required. Anybody can suggest where i have to apply for the name change ie in Tamilnadu or Karnataka and what is the procedure as now he is abroad? 

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

Generally birth certificate consist of parents name. children name not mentioned. You can be corrected name in birth certificate by applying application for name correction in the local municipality where he borned. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x