Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mallesh (Consultant)     30 October 2009

NAme change in SSLC & PUC MArkscard

HI Friends,

I want to change my mother's name in SSLC n PUC markscard. In my markscard its there as Pushpa. now that she is changing her name to padma, I have to change in my markscard too. Can you guys please tell me the procedure to do the same.

Thank you,

Regards,

Mallesh.

Learning

15 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     30 October 2009

In case you wish to change your name, that also includes your father's/mother's name (!!) or even Surname you have to follow a very simple procedure.

Go to the State Government Press in the Capital City of your state.

Ask them for the form for change of name and obtain it.

Fill up the form and submit it (preferably then and there).

Pay the requisite Fees in cash. (Rs. 120/- in Maharashtra for routine (6-8 weeks for publication) and Rs. 620/- for urgent (2-3 weeks)).

The Press would publish the details of the change of your name (or father's/mother's name, or surname as be your case) and post you two copies of the Government Gazette or ask you to collect the same. The press would also let you know when they would publish the same.

Thereafter wherever you wish to submit your change of Name / Father's/mother's Name / Surname Proof, you can submit true copies of the relevant pages of the Gazette.

The procedure is adopted for the change in the date of birth and age and even for a change of religion.

Vishal ,

Thanks for you information.

the procedure you mentioned is for changing the name. but i am expecting the procedure to change the name in markscard . I visited my school for this purpose and they said its very difficult to change the name, they said like its impossible to do. i am not able to collect enough info on this. so if anyone could help me out it would be a great help for me.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mallesh.

But why at all is your mother's name is mentioned in your marks sheet as far as my knowledge goes only the father's name goes into the certificates. If you give the facts of your case clearly probably we can suggest some solution.

I am from Bangalore. In my markscard , both my father and mother's name are mentioned. Now my mother is changing her name. so in future to avoid any problems, i want to change the name in my markscard too. i still have not applied for passport. i want to apply for it with my mother's new name. So i have to get it changed in my marks card also. When i contacted the school with this issue , they said its very difficult to get it changed. but i need to get it done quickly. I thought of getting it done without the school's help. I tried but dint find enough information on how to get the name changed in markscard. 

I hope i have mentioned with all the info. 

Thank you.

IN MY OPINION AND EXPERIENCE SUCH CHANGES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE MADE, INSTEAD YOU WILL HAVE TO FURNISH A COPY OF THE GAZZETTE ALONG WITH THE MARKS CARD WHERE EVER YOU APPLY IN FUTURE.

Few of my friends said this will be an issue when applying for visa especially for US type countries. If there is not going to be any problem then i will follow your way. i mean sorry for asking you this, are you sure we can do it that way?

Thanks.

Never mind, but this is the only way

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     30 October 2009

I guess you can approach the concerned department which conducted your sslc and puc examination and issued certificate(like secondary education board or something).

There will be some procedure to make changes in the certificate(except marks). May be you will have to produce the document having official declaration of the change in your mother's name. A separate certificate will be issued which you can attach with your existing certificate(This is the procedure in Kerala).

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     31 October 2009

Vishal has devoted much time and mind in your matter and I think there is no need to add more in the already settled matter. Follow the guidlines of Vishal.

siddharth (data entry)     12 December 2010

HI

i need help, I,m in bangalore i want change my name at my marks card i dont know how and where i need a address

thanks.

Abdul Hameed (Supervisor)     12 February 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

My name is HAMEED, with the surname my name will be called as ABDUL HAMEED. Let me discuss with you my problem. Actually what happened, when i was young & at the time of my admission for baby nursery my name has been given as AMITHU.K. The same name continued in my higher school (sslc). I tried of changing the name in sslc but my teacher guided my that there is no option of changing it. So i finished my sslc in the same name called AMITHU.K. I wanted to change my name as ABDUL HAMEED in my marks card. Because of this problem i cannot piligrimage to MECCA & also cannot move to aboard for job.  I consulted to a lawyer also regarding this, he was also helpless. Please guide me the possitive way for changing my name in SSLc marks card.  Plsssss........

Abdul Hameed (Supervisor)     16 March 2011

Hello !  is anybody there to answer my questions ?

My name is HAMEED, with the surname my name will be called as ABDUL HAMEED. Let me discuss with you my problem. Actually what happened, when i was young & at the time of my admission for baby nursery my name has been given as AMITHU.K. The same name continued in my higher school (sslc). I tried of changing the name in sslc but my teacher guided my that there is no option of changing it. So i finished my sslc in the same name called AMITHU.K. I wanted to change my name as ABDUL HAMEED in my marks card. Because of this problem i cannot piligrimage to MECCA & also cannot move to aboard for job.  I consulted to a lawyer also regarding this, he was also helpless. Please guide me the possitive way for changing my name in SSLc marks card.  Plsssss........

Abdul Hameed (Supervisor)     16 March 2011

Pls mail me to k.abdulhameed@rediffmail.com

I'm unable to get the reply here.

deepak (student)     20 July 2013

Dear sir, my name is deepak, actually in my sslc , puc and degree marks card , my is mentioned as Deepak Srinivas, but  i want to change my name as Deepak Palankar in sslc, puc and degree marks cards , what procedure i need to follow? and how long will it take to change the name ? could anyone help me please

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register