Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tony Angela (Buyer)     01 November 2021

Name change in sra annecture 2

We are two sons and two daughters we have a slum room in our dad's name and he expired in 2006 . My family has given the room to me as I have paid some money in 2007 to my family members. I had signed some documents I.e. Affidavit, Attorney and sale agreement attested by Notory Mumbai. Also I had given set of copy to my society at that time. Now our builder saying that the name is not changed in the annecture so asking now to change the room on my mum name as it is not possible to change on my name directly. But if it changes to my mum name the problem is my mum is now 82 years old if anything to happen to her my position will be difficult again so please suggest.

 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2021

Contact a local advocate and get the family settlement deed duly registered in your name (including your name as sole beneficiary) and then get the same indexed/mutated with your name.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 November 2021

After the death of your father, if he died without a Will, then the property will devolve amongst all legal heir. So in case your father did not have a Will, you, your mother and other siblings will be legal heir and the house will devolve amongst four. Both the procedure can be done during the lifetime of your mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query