LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sriram.R (Employee)     05 April 2010

Name change for the child after Xhusband divorced

Hi, I am Sriram.R. My wife was a divorcee when i married her. She already had a daughter from her X husband and the child is with us now. she is 11 years of age. we are married for a year now. we have a son now.

i want to change the surname of my daughter (though i am not the biological father) to mine. i approached government gazatte office and they advised me to get a adoption deed registered via a court.


what is this all about? how to get this done? can someone help me step by step? do i need to approach my wife's X husband to sign somewhere etc??? pls respond on priority.



 3 Replies

Payel Nandi (LAW STUDENT)     05 April 2010

u can adopt the child nd u will become step father of the child nd no need 2 go to her xhusband.

Sriram.R (Employee)     06 April 2010

Hi Nandi, Thanks but how to adopt. what is the procedure? how to execute an adoption deed?

scharlie (worker)     10 May 2010

Hi shriram,

the adoption rule for differ from different-2 state and country from where you belong. you can check this link

child custody advice for children

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register