LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeshwari Patel   08 July 2017

Name change by gazette notification is valid outside india?


If i have changed my name by "Gazette Notification" . Is it legal out side of India? I mean my degree certificates are with old names and my Passport is with new name. do i really have to change my name in all degree certificate? or if i attach Gazette Notification with degree certificates - with old names it will be enough while applying for Permanent resident Visa of any country or finding and doing Job in Software company? 

Also if i remove Middle name and keep only first and last name is it OK? any where is it mandatory to put middle name anywhere in India or Abroad? 


 6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     08 July 2017

Yes, it is valid for all purpose.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     09 July 2017

BASED ON THE  GAZETTE NOTIFICATION YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR OLD NAME TO NEW Name and on the new passport basisVISA will be issued. So Name change by gazette notification would be valid outside India or abroad.

Rajeshwari Patel   09 July 2017

Yes, Visa will be issued based on new Name changed in new passport but my Degree certificates(10th, 12th, BE, M.Tech) and employment certificates( experience letter and reliving letter) will be with OLD names so if I need to work in Software company in foreign countries will those be acceptable? Since gezzet notification is done by central government of India and not from foreign authority where I am going to work.

Jitesh maturkar   10 July 2017

Change my caste

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     13 July 2017

It is valid out of India also till local law in that country requires any other formality to be observed in the matter.

Suba   09 September 2021

Mam what happen to you that you went abroad, it does created any problem.. Mam pls help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register