LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   15 December 2015

Name Change after marriage

Dear All, After marriage due to shortage of legal document and urgency of my pp to be made and submitted in my current firm my agent made my pp as 'unmarried' in 2010 whereas i was married since 2003. Now finaly when i have made my marriage certificate,notary and done with required name change in pancard and adhar card with change of address as well also. i wanted to know what else documents required for surname change in my passport with new address? Will there be any issue when i claim my marriage after 12 yrs? Also wuld like to highlight a glitch in my husbands pp is his first wife's name reflecting whereas they are not divorced yet. Now every new agent is explaining me some new way of getting name changed on my pp which is leading me go crazy. Thank u.

Learning

2 Replies

Anonymous   15 December 2015

For a change in my surname in pp,isnt adhar card and pan card with changed surname and marriage certificate and notary with my hubby's pp enough???

siddhartha sinha   17 December 2015

If the previous wife has not been divorced and she is alive then her name cannot be substituted with your name. However your own passport can be reissued with new surname provided they overlook this glitch. Only way out is if your husband says he has no passport and you do not submit his pp photocopy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register