LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sampath (Student)     27 June 2013

Name change


Recently I have change my name from Jampaiah deshetti to Sampath Kumar Deshetti. I have got the legal name change certificate. Additionally, I can change documents such as pan card, passport, and driving licence, etc. I have studied upto Post Graduation. All my academic certificates entailed my old name. It is known that changing name in academic certificates is very tedious process.

My question is if I apply for any government jobs what name i have to provide in application form. Becase in many applications they are asking the applicant name as per matriculation/Secondary certificate. Otherwise, if i get a job, can i change my name in the recruitment process by submitting my name change certificate. Please provide me the solution for my query.


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 June 2013

Qualification certificates consist with old names only. But wherever you apply for the jobs etc. you have to submit legal name certificates copies and mention your new name.

Sampath (Student)     28 June 2013

Ok sir. I understood. But nowadays many government jobs asking to fillup application form through online. If they do not need certificates while applying, can I face any problem during interview.


While U have a legal certificate I think there will be no problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads