Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Name Change

Dear All,

My name is chamu and i got married last 2 yrs, but still i didnt changed my name with my husband family name. pls suggest me that if it is possible for me to have my father's name as my intial as i am having it right now and to add my husband family name as my surname name . Eg. J.Chamundeswari Sarangi.  If so then to proceed with this process wht i shd do .
 Reply ASAP


 10 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     22 January 2009


1)  You can file an application before the District Collector for "Change of Nmaw".

2) On your application, he will pass an "Order".

3) Then, you can get Publish the "Order" in State "Gazzet"

The Process in our State A.P.( Confirm for your native State) is as follows:

1) Application Form, consist of 

a) Affidavit b) Certificates by any Two (2) Gazzeted Officers

c) Certificate from the Local Area Police Station.

d) Fees I am not confirmed (but as per me they will collect Rs. 100 Or 200 )   

Then, on application, The Concerned  Dist Collector Pass the "Order" within One Month. 

You have to get Publish the "Order" in State Gazzet,  and can take number of such copies as per your requirement, then the same Order of Gazzet Copy  you can use where-ever you require. 

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     22 January 2009

Sorry,  please correct "Change of Name" in first line

Kuljit Pal Singh (Legal Professional)     22 January 2009

Dear Friend

well Sanjay Dutt now a days also advicing to do the same... jokes apart.

Every state has prescribed some rules for the same herein Gujarat we make application to Govt Printing Press, with Affidavits for the reason of doing the same and thereby published it in the Gazette, which is to be kept for future reference.


sanjoy kumar (advocate)     22 January 2009

Madam Chamu,

As per the common procedure, which is also accepted under the Passport Act is to swear an affidavit regarding the change of name and thereafter, the earlier name alongwith the new name must be published in two widely circulated newspapers. Moreover, the local law may be different.

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     23 January 2009

Mr. Aejaz & Sanjay already told both the way for change the name and Sanjay's way is simple and easy but i sugest you please go with Aejaz advise it is legal way 

Abhishek (law student)     23 January 2009


Adv. Santosh Mahanor (Lawyer)     23 January 2009

Dear Madam,

You just file an application in Gazet office alongwith name proof

Fee will be Rs. 320. after file an application you will get gazet copy after 2 - 3 months by post.


In tamil nadu state we ;have to get a prescribed form issued by the commissionarate of state printing and stationary department.  who is the authority to issue state government gazette.  after the receiving the form we have to got attestion in that form and we have to take a dd for Rs 550/- in favour of the director of stationary and printing.  thereafter they will send 5 gattete copy in which our name change has been published.  this is procedure in tamilnadu

badra (student)     27 June 2009

my names are as follows different in different certificates




4)voter id,Household card, PAN Card,Driving licence---ADABALA VERA BADRA NAGA SESHAYYA

Want to change my name to---- AVBNS SESHI KIRAN

PLease do sugest can i change the name in above conditions.

Laxmichand Gosar (Partner)     19 September 2009

How can I apply for Domicile certificae online?

Laxmichand Gosar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query