LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnan (Consultant)     28 April 2011

Name Change

Hi - I have a property registered on my name as a sole owner, if i want to change the registered name to a different name (basically an expansion of the name), is it possible. As an example, if the registered name is "X" and would want to change to "XY".

If yes, then what is the procedure to have this accomplished?

Regards

Krishnan

Learning

5 Replies

sumana (practice)     29 April 2011

you have to do an affidavit for a name change.. that is all...

Krishnan (Consultant)     29 April 2011

Hi Sumana - Thank you very much for the help.

One more query, how much does it cost for filing an affidavit and does it need to be completed at the registrar office where the property is registered?

Regards,

Krishnan

you need to do an affidavit. it can be done either by notary or thru magistrate court. there is no need to go to the registrar office. the name which has been registered in the deed cannot be changed now. only you have to tag an affidavit with the deed stating that x and xy are same and identical person.

regarding the cost part , its nominal. but it depends state to state wise. it can be done in a Rs.10/- non judicial stamp paper also.....

Krishnan (Consultant)     29 April 2011

Thank you very much,

One more query if i may ask: does it matter where i file the affidavit i.e my property is at bangalore and i am at chennai. does it mean that the affidavit has to be filed at bangalore only?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More