Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv. Rayar (Legal Practitioner)     15 December 2010

Name Change

Dear Sir/mam

As per Govt Gazette I have changed my name. Now I'm doing a law degree with new name. but all  my  old certificates including SSLC mark statement are in old name. can i change my name in SSLC mark statement? if yes, please tell me the procedure.

Thanks&regards,

Rayar

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     16 December 2010

No you cannot change the name in your previously issued certificates.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     16 December 2010

If you want to get your name change in the SSLC marks card you will have to file a suit for declaration and injunction.  Before filing the suit it is mandtory to issue notice u/s 80 of CPC to the Dist., commissioner and Deputy Director of public instructions of the Dist., by giving 60 days time to make necessary corrections in the name.  The notice should be in particular format.

After the notice is period is over file a suit, but limitation period is applicable so you can take the change of name by govt gazette,tale the benefit of it.

Triloknath l pandey Adv. (Legal Officer.)     16 December 2010

As such it is very difficult to change the name in all your  old certificates as it involves very hectic steps rather then filing a suit before the court take a suggestion from the education department and  also a give a public notice in daily newspaper .

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     16 December 2010

You can use your new name furnishing a copy of the gazette for having changed your name, whic is accepted valid for all puposes enclosing the certificates with old name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register