Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAVI B SHAH (Advocate Gujarat High Court)     11 January 2014

N.i.act

Dear Experts,

In one case Complainant filed case against Partnership firm.

In the case Court acquittal all the accuses but order to pay compensation of Cheque amount.

Now Partnership firm want to file Appeal but as per sec 378(4) of Cr.P.C. only complainant can file appeal in High Court.

Now if Firm want to file appeal against order of Acquittal and compensation but I am confused where I have to file appeal In High Court or Sessions Court.

PLS Suggest.

Eagerly awaited for your valuable replay.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 January 2014

It is the appellette court, i.e, the sessions, if the order has been passed by magistrate, in case the impugned order has been passed by sessions then High Court.

SANTOSHSINGH. (ADVOCATE sardarsena@gmail.com)     12 January 2014

If you are accused and wants to file appeal against the fine you can go to sessions court but if complainant you have to go to HIGH COURT SINCE  order is basically acquittal.

For  GUJRAT   we have cases for accused particularly at BHAVNAGAR AND KASHOD any junior welcome for follow up action.

Expert guidance for revision against orders for accused at SURAT for NI 138 cases only.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2014

The accused can very well file an appeal for conviction of accused  with compensation ordered for  payment of cheque amount in the District and sessions court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register