LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashanth G (Software Engineer)     04 May 2016

My wife un officially in relationship with a man

My wife put cases like 498A DP Act ,DV act for maintanance on me on ,arch 2012 ,

I have filed FIR on her on March 2016  because of her false affidavits in all the courts during maintanance stage she had given false affidavits on her employment and finally it got proved in the court that she was working .

She filed for divorce in november 2015 in the family court ,

now i came to know that My wife is  in relationship with a man from the past 14 months ,her parents and my wife and this man all are staying together in a diffrent city .

I have followed her along with my 3 friends and we all seen their walk ,shoppings and going to parks

So i have few documentary evidances and also my friends will come to police/court for witness when ever court needed .

I have collected few evidances and address and that man's address full name,mobile number and photo and permanant address .

What to do now ? please help me .


 8 Replies

Prashanth G (Software Engineer)     04 May 2016

HelloExperts ,Please help me .

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     04 May 2016



If you need easy way out to walk her out of your life and withdraw all the false cases against you, then bargain and take the mutual consent on the basis of those documentary evidences. 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     04 May 2016

Endorsing the above said view, i advise you to come out clean on the above said criminal cases and DV act, since she has decided to get parted, your espionage on her will be counter productive, and it will make her case easier. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 May 2016

Gather proofs by hiring a detective for the adultery committed by your wife and file a contested divorce case on the grounds of adultery if she doesn't agree for the mcd

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     04 May 2016

If you have all the proofs with you then exhibit them before the court in your all cases and convince the court about her foul play and prove her malafide intition to harass you and simultaneously file the divorce case on the ground of cruelty and adultery .

SHAMAS-UD-DIN SHAAZ Advocate (lawyer)     05 May 2016

i think you can file a divorce case against her on grounds of cruelty and adultery...if you have evidence. 


Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     05 May 2016

Dont know why some people simply reply for sake of replying, all are advising you apply for divorce, whereas they forgot to read, wife has already applied for divorce herself.  When she has filed for divorce alredy, what is the point in husband applying for divorce? if both agree both can file Mutual divorce.

Its a strained relationship and you also need to move on the way your wife did.

Anyway she has filed for divorce, if you dont want to contest it, simply stay put, she will today or tmrw get exparte divorce decree.

Regarding her adultery, nothing much can be done to her, you can only ask divorce on basis of her adultery. Women also are smart, and they too wont leave any trial when they go for out of way marital relations.  They guy can also not be held for adultery, as such men are also doubly cautious, and adultery by far cannot be proved in court unless there is a video or a photograph or them having s*x.

You can use the evidences known to you and file adultery case, and wait for the outcome.


But if the wife as a no care attitude, even if you file adultery case, nothing much can be done to her.


On the other hand you could have filed case on her parents and her that they tried to give you dowry. To do such you need balls.

 If she is unwilling for mutual divorce, then you simply stop attending divorce case and let it go exparte.


Rest  of the cases also will run like mega serial, and will be decided on basis of merit, however you both can stop attending the cases, and see wht will happen.

Prashanth G (Software Engineer)     09 May 2016

Hi Dana, Many thanks for the detailed information and great full for all the replies ,

Here main important thing is She applied for Divorce and asked for 50 lakhs rupees alimony .

Please suggest me what to do .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query