LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   29 December 2015

My wife is putting false charges of unnatural s*x on me

I am a private company employee and got married in March 2014 and having a 1 year old daughter ,
 I left India on October-2015 for my company work at client place(outside India) and my wife is in India in her parent's place, 
Now when I have left India around 2 months back but my wife is threatening me that she will put unnatural s*x charges on me 
and send a legal notice to my company and call me back and get me imprisoned and She said she don't 
want divorce and not telling me exactly what she wants , Please help or provide some solution for me to save my work life from her

Learning

12 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 December 2015

CanU elaborate the reasons for her behaviour? A woman will not level such allegations on her husband unless there is substance in it.

If what she says is true,then U may have to mend Ur ways instead of spoiling not only UR marital life but also the future of the 1 yrs old kid.

If she is wrong then the reasons for her to put those allegatiions have to investigated for a suitable suggestion.

But don't persue legal avenuesat this stage which will only escalate the problems and better patch up for a happy marital life,taking into consideration the future life of UR kid.

Ravi   29 December 2015

Thanks Sir for your feedback even I want patch up , but my wife is a short tempered lady with very high ego and she does not want to settle abroad with me , She want to stay close to her mother and that’s why forcing me to come back and settle there but I don't have any work opportunity there and She says it doesn’t matter you earn or not do whatever I say , She is not even bothered of my daughter's future. She has seen only one kind of life like my mother in law , where my mother in law even slaps her husband for any mistake , She expect same from me but I can't settle in my home town where I don't have any work opportunity .  So instead of coming with me she force fully wants to call me back and spoil my career putting such allegations so that I don't have any option other than staying there and work according to her. She has met some lawyer and to make a strong case she is putting such allegation , I want to save my work life and do justice with my little daughter , please help and let me know any way to save my work life because I can't take any more mental torture of my wife.

Wait for the other legal experts to respond with their views and suggestions.

Rajkiran123 (Manager)     29 December 2015

Dear Ravi,

I have also gone through the same situation. I would suggest you to start sending emails requesting her to come and join you along with the kid and see what her response is. If they have decided to file cases and screw up your life and career, she will file it anyway and anytime sooner. So start collecting evidences and try to record all the conversations of their threat. Be strong and don't worry much if you have not done anything wrong. Atleast you will have some evidences that you have asked her to come which will help you later. Keep your manager updated about the threats from your wife. As far as I know, she cannot send any leagl notice to your office but she can very well send letters/mails to your company just to get your job removed. These days, even companies are aware of these false charges. At this point of time, nothing much you can do other than getting prepared for a long battle.

Mr.rajkumar,

We have to add value to our suggestions while replying.If U had undergone the same problem,its a different case to be posted in a different thread.

These kind of queries are very delicate in nature which can ruin the entire households of both the sides.

As a legal expert I could have straight away asked the querist to proceed legally,but thats not the solution.If our efforts for reconcialation do not succeed then we have to choose legal avenues.

Hence let the non legal members be choosy in their words when they are replying to querists,particularly in family matters.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     29 December 2015

1.  Having unnatural s*x is a penal offence under Section 377 IPC. But, your wife even after making such allegation cannot put you behind the bars.  There are several ways for the accused to come out of such allegations.  So, do not bother about such threats.

2.  But, you can be arreted under Section 498-A IPC, if she files complaint of harassment for dowry.  If such thing happens, then you must be ready to take anticipatory /regular bail.

3.  I also want you to discuss with your wife and try to settle in India, in the event you get a good job here.  Otherwise, if possible, convince her and take her there where you are working.  You see, marriage and purpose of marriage is solely both the husband and wife live together and share pleasure and pain together.  Just within one year, you fly abroad, then what is the purpose for your wife to have married you and live a spinster life?  Is it good on your part to ask her to stay away from you, even after marriage, because you want to earn tons of bucks.  Had you talked with your wife before marriage that you would give preference to the career than personal life and is she compatiable for all these things?  You should also look into this particular aspect, before alleging her and her parents for your problems and take them to task. 

4.  I do not take your wife's allegation of unnatural s*x very seriously.  I suppose in her mind it was planted by her legal adviser to bring you back.  But, if....if.... really, your wife wants to bring such charges against you and it is of her own allegation and not of proding from any legal counsel, even though you cannot be imprisoned by having a prudent advocate on your side, you must start to take steps to take divorce from her.  The reason is a black mailing wife (if you are really innocent of such offence) cannot be cohabitated, because times go by, new black mailing threats emerge with cyclonic furocity.

Again, the real solution for your problems life once you start to think stepping into her shoes.

sridher (system analyst)     29 December 2015

Mr.Ravi do what ever raj kumar sir has said dont listen to any body ( we need some evidence to fight the case he suggested the same thing to you) dont listen to sainath ji. He always talks in different angel

sridher (system analyst)     29 December 2015

Mr.Ravi do what ever raj kumar sir has said dont listen to any body ( we need some evidence to fight the case he suggested the same thing to you) dont listen to sainath ji. He always talks in different angel

It is finally left for the author of the query to choose a path suggested above which could be a bed of roses,or other avenues (as suggested by my learned colleagues above)which could full of thorns.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     31 December 2015

S/shri. Sainath Devalla and Prabhakar has given wise advise to re-build the bridge whereas some others have suggested to create legal evidence for a  an imminent  future legal battle.   Now , the querist has the final option to "make or break"  depending upon the mutual love and affection left behind between the couples.   One would normally prefer to explore avenues to strengthen the relationship between the married couple  even by sacrificing some comforts by either side in an utmosphere of 'forget and forgive'  past irritations between them please.

jaig   01 January 2016

Do you possess enough evidence to disprove the allegations of your wife in court ?

Just remember angry and short tempered people are also more prone to making errors. She basically told you what she would do next. It should not be hard to play that  kind people if you are smart.

Take a step back and act nice to her, show that you are trying hard to get a job in India, and start recording every communication / phone call with her. Ultimate you will be dragged to court, so focus on get a strong footing in terms of evidence. Ideally you should have evidence of the conversation where she is threatening of such allegation of unnatural s*x.

jaig   01 January 2016

Do you possess enough evidence to disprove the allegations of your wife in court ?

Just remember angry and short tempered people are also more prone to making errors. She basically told you what she would do next. It should not be hard to play that  kind people if you are smart.

Take a step back and act nice to her, show that you are trying hard to get a job in India, and start recording every communication / phone call with her. Ultimate you will be dragged to court, so focus on get a strong footing in terms of evidence. Ideally you should have evidence of the conversation where she is threatening of such allegation of unnatural s*x.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register