IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sibsankar Datta (Freelance)     18 July 2017

My wife intends to promote a guest hosting business.

My wife intends to promote a Guest Hosting business in an apartment in Kolkata, which is owned by me in my name. As I am not in a position to afford higher slab of income tax, my wife is interested to do the business, of course for which I'll extend my all possible assistance.

The income tax liability for the income out of the hosting business, needs to be computed for the I.T. calcualtion and filing of my wife,  and obviously not on me. Is there any legal way out to make such an initiative possible, without violation of Government and income tax laws.

Kindly favour me with your kind guidance with the.legal formalities, if any to be followed.



 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 July 2017

The issue requires professional consultation.


Agree with Mr.  Venu.

You will need to consult a Chartered Accountant.

VARUN MAHAJAN (Proprietor)     18 July 2017

A Very Simple Way is there u need not to consult a Chrtered Accountant

Check your Personal Msg or contact me at Varunmahajanadvocate@gmail.com 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 July 2017

Since no dispute is involved in the query hence no reply, however, I agree with expert Mr. P Venu, consult local CA .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query