Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh Khare   13 March 2022

my wife cheat me extra marital affair

dear Sir
I m married in second time and also my wife also divorcee with 1 girl child 14 year old.
my wife has extra marital affair with someone. he is send me some objectionable Pic of my wife, like a nude Pic of her private part etc. I ask to my wife for FIR for him but she is refused and go back to jaipur. I want to fir for person and wife can possible to FIR both of them in my native place. because I have strong doubt my wife envoled in some organizations crime. and I don't have legal custody of her child. so it's possible to FIR to both of them and save the child

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 March 2022

You can give police complaint on her. Under Section 497 of the Indian Penal Code, which was the section dealing with adultery, a man who had consensual s*xual intercourse with the wife of another man without that husband's consent or connivance could have been punished for this offence with up to five years imprisonment, a fine or both.

Sourabh Khare   14 March 2022

as per supreme court order on dated 27 Oct 2018 the IPC 497 is dissolved. as per order section 497 adultery is not a criminal case but this ground I will be taken a divroce. please suggest the guide Ness of this matter.because wife is not agree to FIR but I know she is blackmail by him.

Palak batra   14 March 2022

Dear Querist,

Though the act of adultery is no longer a criminal offence but it is still a ground for divorce in both Hindu and Muslim personal law. Under Section 497 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 the act of committing adultery is criminalized. 

Under Section 13(1)(i) of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, the Act lays down that if either the husband or wife after solemnization of marriage had s*xual intercourse with any person other than his or her spouse, then that person has committed the offence of adultery and it is a reasonable ground to file a divorce. 

Although when it comes to the custody of the child, a woman's extra-marital affair is not a ground to deny the custody of her child in a matrimonial dispute as it cannot be concluded that she will not be a good mother, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has held.

The court also noted that in a patriarchal society, it is fairly common to cast aspersions on the moral character of a woman and more often than not these allegations are made without any basis.

The order came following a habeas corpus petition filed by a woman from Punjab's Fatehgarh Sahib district, seeking custody of her four-and half-year-old daughter from her estranged husband who is an Australian citizen.

Regards,

Palak

Sourabh Khare   15 March 2022

thanks a lot so I will be claim to custody of the child or her ex husband also claim the custody of child based on her moral character of women

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register