25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymousss (study)     14 August 2022

My spouse and in-laws faked her educational qualification for marriage

Hi Group

I am married before 6 months, while marriage my gonna be spouse and her family said she is pursuing PG second semester. we believed their words and marriage solemnized. 

After marriage it came to our knowledge that girl just stopped her education after intermediate. When I asked about this matter girls threatened me and attempted for suicide, later her parents came to our house and abused my parents especially my mom in public and used unparliamentary words. Her father indirectly threatened us that he can kill us.

Girl left me and went away from me, we are staying separate since last 4 months.

Regarding all this legally what cases I can file against my wide-in-laws please help me with this

Thank you


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 August 2022

You may file a suit for restitution of conjugal rights u/s 9 of Hindu Marriage Act, 1956.

It is better to settle the issue(s)/ dispute(s), if any, amicably.

However, it is not a ground for divorce.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 August 2022

Yes, alleged wrong information as to education is no ground for seeking divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query