IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

help_divorce (SC)     15 February 2016

My son does not meet me

My ex-wife has custoday of my 7 year old son. I have rights to meet my son on 2 weekends every month. This was agreed through MCD.

However my son has not been meeting me since a year. Whenver I go to pick him up , he shouts at me and informs me that he doesnt want to see me,

My son was separated from me when he was 18 months old. I have been meeting him since 2011 once a month. However since last year, he has not been meetin me,

I have requested my ex-wife to consult a child counsellor and sort out the matter. However she never agrees for the same, She doesn't allow me to go to my son's school to attend PTAs. I have been regularly paying maintenance for my son andhis school fees, 

My ex-wife is using the child and claims that she has no objection to my meeting my son, however my son doesn't want to meet me.

What is the solution to the problem? Can I approach the court for any relief? 




 6 Replies

sumant sudan (owner)     16 February 2016

yes. file an application in this regard to the court and let the issue be concile there by. she may be tutoring the child and the child being minor would be acting likewise. regards:- adv. sumant

Born Fighter (xxx)     17 February 2016

1) Stop paying maintenance  &

2) File a case in court seeking intervention to stop wife's tutoring the child against you. Seek mediation from Counsellors to address the issue. Try your best to change the situation with help of Counsellors

3) If there is no solution, my advise is stop chasing the child. Look, your wife is voluntarily taking all decisions relating to the child. Its a fact that she has fed your child's mind to hate you & the innocent child is just following the mother. Keep the doors of your house open for the child in future but there is no point forcing yourself upon someone who doesnt care a damn. Accept the reality & move on !!! One life, you will get Love elsewhere & you deserve it !!

Born Fighter (xxx)     17 February 2016

Husbands should put a clause in MCD whenever child is involved to stop paying maintenance if child /wife doesnt give access in future OR any suitable conditions which will STOP or REDUCE the maintenance if access stops in future !!! This one point is often overlooked. This will stop the evil wife's from instigating the child against the father, whose money they take shamlessly. 



help_divorce (SC)     17 February 2016

My ex-wise does not allow me to take my son to a counsellor. However regarding visit she just claims that she is fine if my son meets me, However the child has been brain-washed and he shouts at me and informs me that he doesnt want to meet me,

I have been paying maintenance in the name of my son diligently since 4.5 years. 

According to MCD T&C, I can apply for child custody in case I am not provided access. Can I apply for my son's custody citing these T&C or will it not be useful since my son claims that he doesnt want to meet me.

help   21 February 2016

hello expert,me and my wife seperate around 8 yrs and after seperation she applied divorce case against me and after 6 yrs of divorce fight  we both agreed for mutual divorce than we agreed custody of girl child with mom because from birth she was with mom and child is attached to her and my ex is also and  i got the visitaion. when i go to visit my child she is not ready to come....my question is that my ex-wife is going to marry can i get the custody of my child that she is going to marry? can give me the suggestion....I dont pay any maintance to my child ..........can i file case that she going to do second marriage and she is not ready to give the custody of child in any case to me .....pls reply

help   21 February 2016

pls tell me what to do?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query