Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saptarshi Saha   17 August 2023

My sister is not providing me the paternal documents required for passport verification

We are two sisters.My mother is 75 invalid and is under supervision of my mother,For my passport verification I asked her to give my qualification document,death certificate of my father,pension book of my father, adhaar card,pan card,voter card of my mother but she refuses to give.I have got the telephone conversation recording where she is denying indirectly to give my documents.Can i file a criminal case against her?


 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 August 2023

If she is your own sister, amicable settle the issue. It is not a criminal case but you may file a case against her to give your necessary documents for verification purpose.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 August 2023

Are these documents really required for passport verification?!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 August 2023

The documents what you have stated are irrelevant to the passport verification.

You have already submitted some documents to the passport authorities along  the applicaiton for passport.

Hence the reasons what you state is not justifiable.

Your father's death certificate or his pension book or any other document pertaining to your deceased father is absolute immaterial to the passport verification, therefore if you want to have a proper legal opinion, you may better come out with proper details. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     18 August 2023

No need of such documents for PP. However if you think your mother is not being treated well and her money is being mis-used you can file injunctiomn suit  if your mother is mentally or physically unfir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register