LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin   15 May 2023

My pf ledger statements shared by pf department to my wife (third party) without my consent

Dear Sir,

There is a matrimony dispute is going on from last 6 years and she filled false cases in court. My PF Ledger statements shared by PF department or some or the internal employee to my wife (third party) without my consent. And she submitted those documents in High Court. Due to this i had to face bug challenges and it caused significant damage to to me. Disclosure of PF ledger statement to an unauthorized third party, resulting in the misuse of this sensitive information.

Can i ask the authority to find out the person who discloses these and ask for compensation as well ? And Should i go through lawyer of myself can complain to some portal ?

Please guide me where i can complain regarding this so that i can get Justice. Although EPFO is a government entity i am not sure that i will get some relief in this matter. Please help. 




 7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 May 2023

It is breach of privacy, for which EPFO is liable / responsible.

Issue legal notice to EPFO concerned and seek restraining injunction with damages through jurisdictional district civil court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 May 2023

Can i ask the authority to find out the person who discloses these and ask for compensation as well ?

yes. Wrote tpo chief vigilance officer of epfo t Bikaji cama place address.

Nitin   15 May 2023

Thank you Vashista Sir for your guidance. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 May 2023

EPFO never asks you to share your personal details like Aadhaar/PAN/UAN/Bank Details etc
If you have not shared the UAN with her/anyone then your PF account cannot be accessed by her .

However if you suspect any official helping her to get your account details, you can inform the higher officer of the orgnisation about it with evidence to initiate action against the emoloyee for this lapse.

If not you can issue a legal notice to the department concerned with the proof of the leaked information about your PF account and demand an explanation as well as damages for the loss you sustained due to this.


P. Venu (Advocate)     15 May 2023

Subsequent this query, you had posted another query on  similar lines pertaining to the SB account with ICICI Bank. In this context I had posted the opinion as below-

"...................... It appears that you had suppressed some vital facts from the Court and your wife could prove this aspect on the strength of your Bank statement. As far as the Court and its procedure is concerned, there is nothing in producing documents and adducing evidence therefrom. It is well settled that once a document is proved to be true, it is immaterial how the same was produced. Admittedly, all the imbroglio has its origin in the querist withholding material evidence from the Court. Moreover, to my knowledge, ICICI Bank provides statements of SB account through e-mail. It could be that the wife could secure the relevant statement not from the Bank employee, but through other means; may be she had access to the husband's e-mails. Even if it is the indiscretion on the part of the emplyee, it is well nigh impossible to fix the blame upon a particular employee."

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/icici-bank-statements-shared-by-icici-bank-to-my-wife-third-party-without-my-consent-read-more-at-229300.asp

The same opinion is equally relevant in the instant case as well.

Moreover, your profile reveals that you have been posting too many a query of different hues? What is the real issue. if any?

Nitin   15 May 2023

Dear Venu Sir,

Thanks for your respoinse , but i don't agree with your response. EPFO information is very very private affair and for your kind information the icici account whose details she submitted in the court is opened in 2019 and its being 7 years we are living seperately. And email id is also new whcih is in use. So there is no chances of email , mobile number based tracking. Only thing is she had my pan card, UAN details. THere is no way she track through my email , mobile no etc.

In last thanks for ur response. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2023

The following expression are bit disrespectful to Mr Venu (giving free charitable advise)


“but i don't agree with your response.”


The views expressed by experts here are based on the material given by querist (may be on this thread or spread on other threads)


“for your kind information the icici account whose details she submitted in the court is opened in 2019 and its being 7 years we are living separately”.


You could have shared relevant facts earlier.


You hae been advised well based on the facts given.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register