Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

My options when tenant is not paying rent


I have rent agreement registered in subregistrar office for commercial property in Gurgaon. Tenant is not paying rent for last few months. He ows almost 4 lakhs. He is also not vacating saying that he cannot go anywhere during lockdown and at the same time says that I can take possesion of office though he has all the belongings inside. From what I heard from his employees, he has not paid to his employees as well. He has been misusing the business money from current account. May be there is no money left in company account. What are my options here?

Can I file a case in the court to get the rent already due? Which court to file the case. Will property lawyer help me? 



You can file suit in civil court for recovery of rent.


The non-payment of rent is a ground for seeking eviction of the tenant.


You can write to us on or or call us on 9820042562 for any detailed legal assistance with respect to non-payment of rent by filing a suit for recovery of rent.


Thanks and Regards,

Triomec Legal




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x