LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik Koduri   04 April 2024

My old company mailed me about abscond

My wife joined one company for 2 months, when she was about to marry me she applied for WFH for a month they rejected it and for Marriage they gave only 2 days leave so she dropped resignation letter to the company, when she started serving notice period they way of talking and they used to abuse in call about not completing the that huge work load, so got sick of it and she just absconded after 10 days she was supposed to serve 30 days notice period. After 21 months company dropped a mail stating they will got court if she don’t pay 1 Lakh. She was drawing 18k salary, as she was not working after that last job because she was distressed about the work culture. What should we do now we can’t afford 1L our financial situation is not good. Please suggest what we can do. They mentioned if we won’t pay money they will file the case against her.


 3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 April 2024

Notice period for termination of job shall have to be refunded to the employer.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2024

If you have received the notice, you can send a reply either by yourself or through an advocate denying the allegations.

They cannot demand such an exorbitant amount for any reason unless if there was any bond signed by her.


Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     04 April 2024

What are the terms and conditions in the employment agreement /offer letter/letter of appoint? Need to see that. However just reply the notice astate that you have served the resignation and notice period well despite your rude beheavour. Now this notice shall be treated as harrassment and Extortion and the complaint in the respecyive shall be filed if you did not dessisted from harrassing us,Also mentiion thet the service benifits and due salary are yet to be received by us and the claoim shall follow  in labour court

No need to worry they are just trying to get some money from you and you need not worray at all, even if they go to court they will never get any benifit. Instaed send them s

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register