25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lily (na)     18 November 2011

My mother in law wants to gift her property

My mother in law wants to gift her property (residential house which costs almost 1cr and 20 lac) to my husband and my brother in law (they are only two brothers). Now I want to know which one will be the cheapest legal way to transfer the property.


 7 Replies

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     18 November 2011

Gift Settlement is only the cheapest.




Execution of the Deed of Gift  is the cheapest way for transfer of the said Property.

Jolly James 9447287658 (Advocate)     18 November 2011

Execution of a will is a cheapest way, but it will come in to force only after her death.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     19 November 2011

Gift Deed is best way and the deed is registration at registrar offce and use actual stamp duty and registration fee and for that u contact local lawyer or registrar office.

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     19 November 2011

Whatever said by other fellow lawyers above is right but see to it that there are no other legal dues etc are liabilty 



Adv.Sandeep Naik

Mob.99670 56980

Email : sandystorm_1995@rediffmail.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 November 2011

Is it self acquired property or inherited or any other mode of getting title of property.

However, execution of WILL and Relinquishment Deed will be the cheapest.

Gift deed shall be absolute but comparativly costlier.

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     29 November 2011

to get immedialte transfer of right and interest only remedy  is gift. Dont hasitate to get the document in cheaper way in future you will face problem. So get gift deed 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query