LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roopa   16 July 2018

My lawyer cheated me after taking huge money

My lawyer named Kusuma Venkatesh ( from bangalore) took 47K and i have all proofs for this(bank transactions, call recordngs and messages). After some 4 hearings she stopped coming to court and stopped answering our messages and calls. Got to know that she has cheated around 30 clients like this. Since no one knows her address and she dont have any office for her work, she has cheated and escaped and not even answering the calls. Some how i got to know her address and so i visited her house. She was shocked to see us and was not able to answer us. When i asked why are u not attending the court and not picking our call, she gave some stupid reasons and tried to escape. We asked for all our original documents to return or either pay the money back. She gave some fake documents and started arguing with us and refused to even return the money. After coming home i messaged her that you have taken huge money from me and given some fake documents and you have cheated me. She replied saying as i will not giv your documents and money also, instead she is threatening me by saying i will take legal action on you if you dont pay another 30000 to me. i have all her call recordings and messages. Is there any way to take action on this cheating lawyer?

Learning

9 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 July 2018

A complaint against an advocate has to be in the form of a petition to the Bar council of India OR concerned state bar councils.. It has to be duly signed and verified as required under the Code of Civil Procedure.Please refer Advocates act, 1961

pankaj verma   16 July 2018

Complaint against him concerned State bar council and u can hire a free legal counsel from concerned distt legal aid authority...... 09816374011

S Murugesan (lawyer)     16 July 2018

in case if, no evidence then what we will do in tbis case. still can we complaint. just to know.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     16 July 2018

Are you by any chance trying to convert LCI into law quiz competiion?

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 July 2018

Agreeing with Mr. Rama Chary Rachakonda , Mr. Pankaj Verma;

GO thru;

The Bar council of India;

Rules on professional standards

You shall get full details..

Roopa   18 July 2018

Can I expect my money back after it is proved in bar council? @pankaj : Sir may I know that the number you have provided is to get a free legal counsel?

Roopa   18 July 2018

Can I expect my money back after it is proved in bar council? @pankaj : Sir may I know that the number you have provided is to get a free legal counsel?

Roopa   18 July 2018

Roopa   18 July 2018

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register