LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Esita Mahapatra   09 September 2017

my husband wants divorce but i do not want to give

my husband wants divorce but I don't want to give. If he does a case, will he get divorce?what is the way not to give him divorce?

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     09 September 2017

Unless you does not agree your husband shall not be able to obtain bail. Contest the case. Consult a lawyer with details.

Mahadev   09 September 2017

Hi Esita,

a) I would suggest you keep on talking to your husband and try sorting out the differences between each other by accepting some of your mistakes , forgiving some of his and vice versa this applies to him too as the best would be both need to live with each other. In case you feel things are not working out between you two, suggest involve only your and his parents and no one else to talk through the matter and see if thingss can be sorted out. Further if things still do not work out involve other elders from both families. See if both of you can jointly go out together on a holiday or a place where both of you can talk  through things and save the marriage. Compromise and adjustment is needed from both sides.

b) If things still don't work out and you feel husband still wants divorce at any cost, i would suggest both of you sit  and discuss on Mutual Divorce ( I assume you both have crossed 1 year of marriage) and then approach ONE advocate ONLY for going through divorce formailities.

c)  Worst case, if a and b do not work out and either of you hire advocates separately things will drag, you will be left without justice and only with dates/cases with precious time,money and energy wasted of both of you. Both of you might even eventually get separated but that would be a bitter divorce.

d) I am not aware about the facts of your case but hope above helps you. God forbid if you still end up in a bitter divorce battle then your advocate and the respected members in this forum may definitely suggest few things about your queries.

The general tendency when you meet advocates is to lodge a case which i feel in the case of marriage should not be the first step unless things you feel have taken a turn for the worst and that is the only option left before you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 September 2017

Same Query;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/my-husband-wants-divorce-but-I-don-t-want-to-give-153747.asp

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 September 2017

Contested divorce is on merits..............

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register