Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alfa   06 May 2021

My husband is self employed. i need spouse ground transfer

Hello.

I'm working in a Central PSU posted at Gujarat. My husband is a self employed person, running his own sports academy at Delhi. He cannot move out of Delhi  I have applied to my department for spouse ground Transfer at Delhi stating the facts and documentary proofs also . But my department is denying my transfer, saying that our transfer policy does not contain any clause on Self employed spouse. Please let me know if any circular is there about this. Even private jobs persons are getting transfer on this ground, why self employed person is being denied. Hardships faced by us are same .

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 May 2021

1. A Govt. Servant has no inherent right to demand Transfer to a place of its choice.

2. Dept. Policy is Final and Binding on the employee.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     07 May 2021

i do stand with expert Mr. Agarwal 

Alfa   07 May 2021

Hello sir . I'm not denying the facts you stated. I know transfer cannot be demanded,  But as in the other cases where spouse is working in some company, they atleast consider transfer of wife to that place. So I'm asking why not in case of self employed husband? In DoPT circular it is mentioned to follow it in letter and spirit.(posting of husband and wife at same place). Govt gives utmost importance to this  There could be many more cases where husband may be in business, Advocate, CA or running his own company etc. Where they cannot move out of that place. So to have a balanced work and family life, to raise the children, couple needs to stay together. You all are learned people. Please think on it on behalf of a woman, and suggest if anything can be done in this regard. Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register