Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous55 (NA)     25 March 2021

My husband abandoned me from 3 months now

Hi Experts,

Im married woman from may 2019 and my husband left me home from 3 months after several requests and efforts he isn't returning back , I am waiting for him to come I said sorry under family pressure for. Mistakes I didn't do and still he and his family no one is replying us properly , so reason is there were constant fights amoung us for his extra interest in his cousins wife , If required I will explain what they used to do in from of me , so I was very upset by this act of my husband and then in those fights he. Did all the cruelty with me like no communication withme , not sleeping in same room with me , even after 8 months of fights finally day arrived from when that other person (cousins wife ) deleted our numbers , but after that my husband gone miserable he was punishing me silently for months like I said above he was not talking to me then sleeping in other room constantly talking to people on phone for 3,4 hours daily after office, then after 2 months he said he will bring his another cousin for her education to live with us without my consent he didn't even asked me , he is like that he always decide things and impose on me and if I say no then these punishments .this time I was really upsets that he is not even considering me as part if that house . I forgot to mention I am working girl in IT so i also have exhausting job of 10-12 hours and his job is 9-6 ,I get exhausted at the end of the day and then there are these things which makes me upset , no one is there to even ask ne if I am okay , sometimes i got fainted but he didn't even called me to check if I am okay ,5_5 days he dont call me , and I used to call him in the starting but then he restricted that as well that I should not call him and he will only call if he is free and talk what he wants thats it , I am not even allowed to bring important topic in that conversation after that cousin education thibg I said him I want break and I came to my parents house for diwali , he didn't even called me to say if I can come to my sasural which different place , we live in pune and matrimonial place is different so he went there for diwali to his parents ,, after that I was not in mood to talk to him im fed of this behavior of his so i didn't wanted to go to pune even , but my parents told me please go so I went and on that day he was on sone trip he returned back late and bext day he said to my parents who came to drop me pube that he can't live with and asked me to live that place , but as I said I am fed up of his attitude and asked him why don't you leave so he left and said to me that he is going to that cousin place (cousin s wife) and from that day he didn't returned after hell lot of tries of our family

Learning

8 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 March 2021

i feel that your relationship is over, it ia all gone, he is not intrested in you and you want to force him to get intrested in you.Now that is you are going to make your rest of your life misireable. You are at this stage in position to take a decision about your future life and start your life afresh, sometimes it is better tio be alone then to get all the mess around your head. I really don't know whose mistake is at dig, but yes onething is certain that the match is really mis - match. Think propley if you can be obidient wife or just want to annoying for whole life. I feel that you should think of ending this relationship and start a life afresh and move on. IF you feel so it is better to get amutual divorce and stop bothering yourself. It appears he is intrested in anyother woman except you . So be it so.

1 Like

Thanks for reply , but I feel if he is doing this things from starting of the relationship then why he trapped me here because this is fraud to get married to someone expect everything from.her looting money in wedding as well as he isn't allowing me to spend my money , so I am also not interested in him but letting go is not the solution I want to make sure that he should get punished for taking someone else's life casually and making it hard , I would have married someone else my life could have something different .so I am asking for that suggestion  ki what should I do now ? 

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 March 2021

I can understand you are too hurt and feel like cheated, there are too many bad guys around and sometimes it is like fate . But i advise you to be positive instead of going in negativity and spoil your rest of life. It is better you just fairly see what you can recover from him like the sitridhan i.e your jewlellary and all that. 

If you still want to punsih him then file  for domestic voialance and get the complaint filed in police station under section 498A , and file against him and aother relatives who made you to suffer and mentally as well physcally tourtured you. He will get already spoiled.

1 Like

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     25 March 2021

Dear Ma'am,

At the outset, I am sorry for the sad state of affairs of your married life. It is a very murky place to be in life.

Having said that, from the question that you have written I felt that you are looking for a solution of getting back with your husband and changing his behavior towards you but from your reply to an answer above, I have felt that now you are also not interested in continuation of the relationship. 

Anywhichway, I shall suggest solutions under both the scenarios,

1. If you wish to give the relationship another chance by changing his behavior then you can approach a women police station and seek counselling there to help him change and further make them give him warning about treating you well and being invested in the relationship.

2. If you wish to end the relationship then for all the emotional abuse, mental trauma and cruelty that your husband has subjected you to you can file a formal complaint to the protection officer of your area under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act and under Section 498A of IPC you can lodge an FIR against your husband. Other than that, you will have to file a divorce petition under Sec. 13 (1) (ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. 

If there are any further queries or you need any help with drafting formal complaint to be submitted to the Protection Officer and Police, you can contact me.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply ..

Yes to your answer because  this is wrong on so many levels because he made false commitments promise's to me at the time of wedding which he never behaved like,  why he is expecting me to normalize his faltu behavior with some other women also he is irresponsible in all the terms like he don't do anything for house constantly call me names for everything I do good in our home .
 he left home then he asked for deposit of rented flat isn't it crime ? I am daily answering questions of society members its so unnecessary torture I have to go through ..Leaving wife for someone else by saying it on face , why people are not afraid to do these things, and even his parents are not bothered  , he Also used to provoke me and record stuff when I used to get angry and I found that one day I feel its all trap. He is not even keeping intimate relation with me from 4 months of marriage .I am really not going to forgive him  , but my parents are saying that just wait for few days we will take necessary actions but lets not end the things by making some complain. So thats the reason I want to check here on the professional forum that what Can I do  in terms of actions. Just for information he is state level govt employee .

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     25 March 2021

Dear Ma'am,

Your anger is understandable. When your family and you both come to a concrete descision as to the road ahead then maybe I can further be of help.

Regards
1 Like

Hello Sanjay Sir,

That's really helpful .

Yes as you said - I am trying to get him back ONLY BECAUSE OF MY PARENTS AND ALSO I DON'T HAVE ANY MOTIVE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE OR MARRY SOMEONE ELSE. So I thought instead of ending things I should give my best if this can be solved but to be very frank I am really not interested in this marriage because of the all hell I have gone through and I don't have hope that he will change at any cost .

But still you gave me solution thanks you for that..

And when we were trying to sort things our when he left home every one used to humiliate my parents and they used to listen everything saying that ladki wale hai aur sunna padta hai , I feel very sad and furious when random people say  any humiliating things to my parents ,e.g. they are saying  he ( my husband) will fo anything and I must not uttar a word and I will  have to agree on this in front of 50 people , I am not ready for this because already there was so much torture happened to me and when my dad said ki how you guys can neglate his mistakes and ask us to do tjis then they say ki y"don't care about your daughter ". And on this term they literally doing whatever they want and getting done whatever they want . I am very much loved daughter so its very sad for my parents to listen that they are not caring about me so they do things for me like visiting my matrimonial home to sort things out and husband and his parents don't even miss the chance to say mean things to them .now I am done with all this bullsh*t . 

So I will wait for some days plan everything and I will file complain as you said .

Sorry for writing these long essays but giving clear idea of whats happening with me will be easy for everyone to answer thats my motive behind this.

I will certainly  get in touch with you when required .

Thanks for the prompt response I really appreciate .

Avishi Khare   29 August 2021

Hello Ma'am, I'd say if you're really willing to continue this marriage you can file the petition in District Court for Restitution of Conjugal Rights under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 which says - "When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly." And if you no longer want to continue and want to seek divorce from your husband and for all that you've suffered mentally and emotionally, it would make cruelty as a ground for divorce under section 13 (1) (ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 i.e. "divorce on the ground that the other party, has after the solemnization of the marriage, treated the petitioner with cruelty". And as for maintenance, it can only be granted to a wife who is unable to maintain herself and you're already capable enough to maintain yourself hence you won't get maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register