Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aakanksha Shrivastav   20 June 2018

my friend have married a married guy

Hello
actually I have a classmate and she is in very bad condition. She was a minor when she married first with her boyfriend and left her home town but things didn't went good soon between 1 month he started torturing her physically and emotionally and in very brutual way. But she was afraid to come back her home. later in between her marriage she get very close to her husbands cousin who was elder from both. His cousin was already married and used to take care of her. He was too not happy with his own marriage so, my friend and her husbands cousin fell in love for each other. They went in secret relationship. She was 18 till now. And she decided that she will leave her house and her husbands cousin assured her he will marry her and take good care of her.
But with one condition that he won't divorce his first wife and that they will have secret wedding.
she was emotionally very attached to him so she accepted.
But after that she got news that her 2 husbands 1 wife is pregnent.
9 months passed they had a son( 2 husband with his 1 wife) but his 1 wife didn't know anything about her (that her husband had secretly married someone else) but
now I my frnds life she is again not happy cuz her 2 husband promised that he won't behave harsh with her and he will manage everything in both sides.
but nothing was going like that
there marriage was been now 3.5 yrs
but nothing is been settled down.
She even realised that she is not priority to him, he just emotionally blackmail her and she believes him too she doesn't have any choice too.
In between this her mother too contacted her but her 2 husband forced her to fight with her mother otherwise she could land him in trouble. He registered his 2 marriage too even he had already registered his 1 marriage before. But he did this time so that no one can point him that he was using her.
He doesn't allow her to go college.
He emotionally and physically abuse her now. And force her to stay isolated don't talk with her friends.
He lied alot of people.
But in april 2018 she got tired and decided to get a job and be independent. But he dosen't allow her to do that too instead he slaped her and warned that don't move out of this room. And on may my friend got another shocking news that her 2 husband is having an affair with some 3 woman she was too married
he is not even guilty for that
Now my friend left her 2 husband home
and came to her mothers home
she has no idea what she will do
how she can be free from her marriage
how will she punish both of her husband for ill treating her
nd using her
even after knowing her mental condition
they both know that she was depressed because of her parents divorce still they motivated her in bad situation now she is traped
her second husband
and need help

Learning

12 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     20 June 2018

You better ask your friend to get in touch with a matrimonial/criminal lawyer, if she really wants to get out of this mess and to get punishment for her 2nd husband.

Thank u sir for response But I m more concerned for her because she is young just 22 years old. And I feel that somewhere she too suported her husband cuz she knew that he is married but she still went with him I worry is that what if any legal matter would spoil her future. But she is legally married too (Still in illegal way, cuz he was already registered with his 1 wife) And his 1 wife can recognise my frnd easily too. What is she land on more trouble.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     20 June 2018

This woman has not divorced her first husband so she is only his legal wife, rest of the drama that was done, including her second marriage with cousin of her husband and that marriage getting registered etc.has no legal validity. This woman herself committed bigamy punishable u/s 494 IPC while her first husband alive she married the cousin of her husband, the cousin also committed bigamy punishable u/s 494, 495 IPC that while his first wife alive he married wife of another person, he along with committing the offense of bigamy also committed offence of adultery punishable under sec 497 IPC as he had physical relationships with wife of another man without his consent. Now what this woman wants to do? Make criminal complaints against her second husband? She herself will be find criminal complaint being filled against her by her first husband. If the first wife comes to know story of her husband's Laila-Majnu show with various ladies, and his second marriage with your friend, she will file criminal complaint him. So ultimately both your friend and her second husband will reach the jail for seven years, ultimately united together there.

Thank you for response I agree she did crime in my eye too and on a legal basis. But as she was minor and with her first husband she was actually in live in relationship not married in court or temple. And for social pressure they called it marriage. Her first husband or boyfriends family was envolved with his son to make her move like that. Her bf mother used to motivate her son nd my frnd in this. So my frnds mother filed a case against her bf family, because of doubt that they were envolved her bf's family was envolved and later even police suspected this And even worse that his family was having same bad intentions (but the girl wasn't aware) But unfortunately police coudn't proove it to the court

Before police could do anything the incident happened(marrying his cousin) so to protect her new husband she supported her bf and his family and said in court that she left her home with her own wish and no one was envolve. Later she faced violence by her new partner

Look all these excuses who was instigating whom and what was said and done by whom, the fact remains in the eye of law wrongs have been committed by all, punishment for those against whom offences get proved on the complaint by competent person or authority as per the criminal procedure code. Now what is to be done that is important. Let this woman move out of all this mess, file for divorce from her first husband and if she succeed in that, which is very much possible, let her lead independent life at another place away from all these people.

Now I am having a doubt that her bf cousin and her bf full family were may b envolved together. To protect them from the first case. Because aunty(frnds mother) told me that case was really serious and that guys family faced a NARCO test But his mother denied to do that And they were hiding a lot of things And then suddenly after a year of no contact my friend came to the court and said that she did by herself. And again left her home to stay with another guy.
1 Like

Thank u sir That's what I was actually fearing Cuz I know that she was dumb and they make her more dumb That's why she suffered but as her frnd I don't want her to go in more mess

So what if the first marriage was not registered and she was 17 years her Hindu marriage will be valid by all means if done according to customs and rite of parties. She has to take divorce from her first husband to be free of the marriage.

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     20 June 2018

Where did she stay after marrying #2? How come a dumb kid could keep it secret for more than 3 years?

sir thats her 2 husband did
she wanted to break with him but he was forcing her to do so

and she was scared where will she go
and other things

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register