Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishnu kumar (nil)     05 May 2015

My father misused my cheque

Dear lawyers,

In 2007 my father gave me Rs14 lacs for my higher education, i gave him back 81/2 lakhs by cash very next month taking a education loan and  a mortgage loan using family property, after i alone paying interest for 7 years  i have repaid all the loans last month , Last week my father( drunkurd) taken my cheque without my knowledge and presented for Rs twenty lakhs and threatining me by cheque bounce dishonour law.

I am unemployed at present ,very distressed by the act of my greedy family  members( parents, elder brother and younger sisiter) expecting money from my wife side , also they have enjoyed more than my share in ancestor property( worth 40lakhs in 2007), As most of the money lavishly spent by them looking for all shortcuts now.

I request your king advice what will be the consequence and action required

Vishnu

Chennai

Learning

2 Replies

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     06 May 2015

You have to face the proceeding. Do you have any evidance that you paid him back? If you have a documentry evidance that you have repaid the loan, that will be better.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 May 2015

how did he pay you.

how did you refund

What he paid you  (as per given facts) was maintenance which he was bound to provide.  You were not expected to return.

He cannot sue your for cheque bounce unless there is a proof of any liability for you to pay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register